Chapter 9

I wait in the room for Kellen. It is just a guest room. I am so scared, I actually start crying. I could never forgive myself if something happened to him.

It has probably been twenty minutes and I hear a knock at the door, " Princess, open up, it's me!"

Thank God it is Kellen.
I open up the door and throw mybarms around him and say," I was so scared. What's happening? Did you find out?"

"Yeah. Some huge meeting and they need you there. Like, now." He replied.

"Okay. Come with me." I say as I grab his hand and I lead him into my room.

"Stay here until I come back."I say.

"Why do you-"

"Just stay." I interrupt, then I leave the room.

I go into the main room where there are usually meetings. I see all of the castles employees and they just stand there.when I walk in thriugh the huge double doors,i see a huge surprise.

There are werewolves in there. Max is there too, and so are my family.

"Juliett, where have you been?" My father asks.

"Hanging out with Kellen. I came as soon as Vanessa called. Let's get this meeting started."

"Its already been started, you're half way into it." Max says with a scowl.

I look down at my feet and take a seat.

"So like I said before," Max continues," why should my people team up with your people?"

"Because Max, you know this war is going to hurt many monsters and we need to team up to fight the Ancient One. If we don't become allies, we will be destroyed." Vanessa says angrily.

So Kellen's father was right. There is going to be a war of the Ancient Ones. I decide to just stay quiet and to listen.

"Come on Max. You know we didn't kill your father.why are you being so ignorant. Your father would have joined us in a heartbeat." My mother says.

Max's brown eyes look up and he says," I know you didn't kill my father, but that does not erase what your people have done to my people over the years."

This arguing goes on for ten minutes and then I finally speak up and say,"Max, we're in the middle of a bloody war and what you care about is what your people did to our people? Your people did the same to our people so don't you dare become a bloody hippocrit! If we join forces, the hate will stop! Stop being so ignorant!" I say trembling with anger. I continue in a much calmer mannor and say," Think about Max. Just think about it."

I sit back down, all eyes on me. Max looks at me, but there is no hate in his eyes, just surprise.

"I think I will be leaving now." He says. He gets up and his guards follow his actions.

"Remember to consider." My father says with his booming voice.

Max nods and leaves the room.
"Way to go, Juliett." Vanessa says.

"Its not her fault. I think she put some sense into him." My mom says.

With that , I ran out of the room to find Max. Sure enough I see him and his guards by the main staircase. I put a hand on his shoulder and he looks back at me.

"Can I please talk to you for a little bit. Alone."

"Yes." He replies. Surprisingly.

I drag him into the nearest room and say," Please consider. Us vampires need you guys. Remember when we were young,and we said we would fight in battles together? Can that be us soon? Can we become the friends we said we would be. You know we didn't kill your father. And yes my subjects and your subjects have dine horrible thongs to each other, but we can fix that. Please, Max. Please join us." Tears are now streaming down my cheeks because I want us to be friends and allies so badly.

He surprisingly takes his hand and puts it on my cheek and wipes he tears away.
"I already considered. The werewolves will fight with vampires. You are absolutely right Juliette. I was being selfish and ignorant. I will try my best to glue back the giant crack vampires and werewolves come. It will take time for it to heal, but they will follow their king I'm so, very sorry for ever being mean to you." He says.

I look into his eyes and no longer see hate, but passion. I can't believe he finally opened his eyes and saw that it wasn't our fault.I don't even know what the Ancient war is, but I know it is big and dangerous if us monsters have to join together.

I wrap my arms around Max and he hugs back. He doesn't have a fruity smell like Kellen's, but it was like a certain spice.

I pulled away and when I looked at him, I saw someone different, someone I saw so long ago. It was the old Max, the happy one. The friend. Our broken bond was now glued back together.

Before he left he said," Juliette?"

"Yes?"

"I would love to fight beside you. Always." He finished as he signs a contrqct saying we are now allies.

He hands it to me and I smiled and said goodbye, then I ran to my parents and told them the good news. They all screamed and laughed. Even Vanessa. Today was a very good day.

My parents had a celebration and invited to whole vampire kingdom. I told them to make sure to explain to the subjects to be nice to all werewolves no matter what happened in the past, we didn't admit it, but we really need the werewolves. That's a start to glue the crack.

I told my parents I was tired and i didnt want to stay for the party,so I went up to room to see how Kellen's was doing.

I totally forgot about him.

I run up to my room and open the door and I see a very upset Kellen's.

"What took so long." He asked impatiently.

I smile and said," The bonding of vampires and werewolves."

He sits up from my bed with a goofy grin on his face,"You're kidding?"

I say," No. We are allies once again and...... Max and I are friends again!" I say with a smile so big.

Kellen laughs and shouts. I'm surprised he is so happy that vampires and werewolves aren't enemies anymore. So happy, he hugs me so tight and lifts me up. He trips and we both fall to the ground, cracking up.

We both fell silent and he looks at me, still smiling.

" I'm glad that you can finally be happy and not be stressed anymore." Kellen says.

"Me too. Things can be the way they used to be. Peaceful." I decide to not mention the war. I don't want to ruin this moment.

He stands up and puts out a hand for me to grab. I take it and he pulls me up.

"I gotta get going Princess." He smirks.

"Okay. Be careful alright?"

He smiles and says,"will do. Sweet dreams Princess."

I smirk at him and say,"bye Kellen."

After he becomes a bat and leaves I lay in my bed. Thinking about how fantastic today was.

I finally have Max back.

____________________________________
Authors note

I hope you guys are enjoying the story. Things are about to get good. Please comment.

BTW do you ship Jellen ( Juliette and Kellen)
Or Jax ( Juliette and Max)

Comment please.