chapter 16

I know you would think I was mad at Kellen, but no. Just shocked. I hope he didn't think I was mad. The thing was, I just wanted to get out of school as soon as possible because of that stupid, ugly dress. It doesn't really matter if people see the dress I guess because the interview will be aired for all of Beldorl to see.

I head up to the office and greet the Secretary. She said my ride was outside. I am escorted by Eddie, the driver, into the car. The back of the car has a soda and salad prepackaged, so I decide to eat it because I am starving.

It is probably a twenty minute drive until we get to the television studios. The whole drive I was thinking about when Kellen caught me when I was almost five feet away from the ground. I can't believe I actually thought for one second that he wasn't gonna catch me.I was also thinking about that smirk he gives me. that smirk he always gives me when he is right or when I do something irrelevant is so annoying.

"Your family will meet you at the studio, your highness."

I snap out of my daze and say,"okay. Thank you sir."

We finally arrive and I am escorted out of the car and put into hair and make up. Because I already had my hair done, the makeup artists puts a ton of makeup on me. From foundation, mascera, eyeliner,lipstick.... You name it, I can guarantee I had it on my face. Once I looked into the mirror, I looked like a whole new person.

"I can't believe it took you so long to notice."

"Well, that's because you always have a buttload of makeup on when people see you."

Kellen can be so annoying, but he is usually right.

I finally see my family and they tell that I will do great and all of that stuff. I smile and then after I am done getting ready, my famiy wishes me luck and I get a microphone hooked to me and I start getting ready to head out on stage.

As I walk out on stage, I hear the stage audience clapping. I then see the talk show host, Rebecca Dunahue. She is a crude, which is a German nocturnal spirit. She was almost see through, but you can still see her features.She was really pretty with her white hair and pale skin, She had pink lips and she was wearing a beautiful white sleeveless dress that sank to her kness. She smiled at me and said in a voice as soft as wool,"Welcome to the Rebecca Dunahue Show, your highness." She bowed down to me.

"I'm happy to be here. A lot better than being at school." I say.

The whole audience laughs and I didn't even think it was that funny , but I just laugh anyway. I take a seat, getting comfortable and getting prepared for all the questions.

I overheard somebody sitting close up to the front whisper,"That dress is horrid. I hope she wears something nice for the changing."

You and I both. I thought to myself.
As soon as the applause dies out, Rebecca says,"So, Princess Juliette, your changing is tomorrow evening. How do you feel about it?"

"I'm feel ecstatic about it, but I'm also scared, I mean, when was he last time someone changed a mortal into a vampire?" I say.

"Well, The Council does Changings to other vampires all the time. Why would you worry?"

Use your common sense.

"Because I'm mortal. They probably aren't prepared if something goes horribly wrong. The Changing process consists of dying and then coming back to life with more power."