21

I shot up into sitting position. I slowly get up and go look out the window to see if I can see anything. All I see is the outline of trees in the moonlight.

I still hear someone screaming bloody murder. I make my way to the door and try to open it, but it won't budge.

"Damn it." I whisper

I look around and see what I could find. I can't just sit here knowing that something is wrong. I look at the wall and see a sword on display. I quickly grab it and I hit the door knob with the hilt of the sword and break it off.

The halls are empty, and it is dead silent now. I steady my breaths and walk slowly down the hall, ready to strike. I make my way down the third floor to the kitchen where I thought I heard the screams and what I see is something I will never forget.

I gasp and drop my sword as tears start to fill my eyes.

Bodies. Men, woman, and children hanging from the ceiling by green vines. Their bodies blue. They are everywhere. About sixty innocent bodies hung.

Where's Max?

I check the faces if the bodies and none of them are Max. But he had to have heard the screams. Why didn't he come? Is he.....dead?

I start to hyperventilate and the world around me becomes blurry, then I fall to the floor.

I hear chuckling, and I look up and see a man.

"Too hard for you, Juliette?" He says.

"Who-"

He then puts a finger to his lips. He has honey gold eyes that are brighter than the sun. They're so mesmerizing. He has long, wavey, honey colored hair, and a narrow face. His smile had some kind of......coldness to it. He was dressed as if he was from the 1800s.

"I'm warning you now. Get ready for this war. Its going to be very, very bloody. My troops are stronger than before."

"Spy." I growl. "MAX!"

"He can't hear you." The stranger smiles," and no my dear. I'm not a spy, I'm their leader." He says, standing up straighter than he was before.

"Who. Are. You." I say angrily.

" You are very dim. I go by William, but I'm better known as the Ancient One."

"I thought you were hideous."

He sighs," I appear however I want to be."

"How can you do this to these innocent creatures! Just because you want your own kingdom!"

"This is merely a dream, Juliette. I came to tell you to be prepared because this," he says as he gestures to the bodies," could actually happen. Be prepared. I will get my kingdom back. You will not stop me. Be prepared."

Then, before I knew it, he grabbed his sword from his belt and stabs me in the stomach, I feel no pain, but the next thing I knew, I was in my bed.

I look and see a message written in blood on the mirror.

Be prepared.