Chapter 14

I can't believe this happened not too long ago. I understand that they call him the ancient one because he was the first vampire, but this happened when I was a baby.

He killed his infant son and his wife was dead because of him and his choices.

What a selfish monster.

When we face this guy, I wonder how strong he will be, or how many monsters are in his army. I stop doing research and find my parents in their bedroom.

"Mom? Dad?"

"Yes?" My father answered. I then go into the room and say,"I am really scared about this war. I..I did some research and he sounds.....strong....angry even and-"

I hear someone clear their throat from behind me. Its Vanessa.

"Don't worry about it Juliette. Its not like you have to fight anyway." She says.

"Yes I do Vanessa. Being the future queen and all I have to learn how to fight and defend my kingdom."

She looks at me. There is no emotion in her eyes, just a hard gold. I may have crossed the line. I know how she wants to be queen, but can't because of that prophecy.

"Girls, please leave. Your mother and I have some things to speak about." My dad says.

I look at Vanessa and mouth, sorry. Right before she barges into her room. About twenty minutes later my mom enters the room.

"Hi sweetheart." She says a little too innocently.

"Hi. Mom......I'm scared. This war..."

"Don't worry about it right now."

"But he's powerful! He probably knows tricks we don't know-"

"Let's talk about your Changing. Tomorrow you are having an interview about it tomorrow after lunch. Madelyn will be bringing your dress up."

"Don't I get to pick it out."

"No. Your taste is a little..." She makes a face while saying this,"irrelevant for a princess." She finishes as she kisses my forehead and exits the room.

I sigh and flop down on my bed. I check my cell phone. Nothing from Kellen, I would go check on him but it is almost kerfew.

Finally dinner comes around. We are having lasagne and salad, with the soup of the day, mushroom.

My father speaks up and says," Girls. I want you to know that in this war, many blood will be shed. We need as many men as possible_"

"I'm willing to fight." I say.

"I know. Prince Max said he would teach you. You both need training. He will spare none. You will start doing battles. Small ones for training." He finishes.

I look over at Vanessa and she just stared at her plate, slowly eating her soup. I will do whatever it takes to defend my kingdom.

"Where do you believe the army will be coming from." Vanessa asks.

"North." My mother says, then no one else talks. After dinner we all scuffle to our rooms.

I comb my long, blonde, wavy hair and look into the mirror and see enormous, ocean blue eyes staring back at me.

You know, I've never seen a vampire with blue eyes before. Kellen said.