Chapter 20

Max came over and explained everything to my parents. They didn't seem as shocked as I thought they would be. My father even said that he had expected this to happen soon.

Max soon got all business and started telling my parents basically what Kellen told me last night. They also started talking about upgrading security, and where to have safe houses and making weaponry, dragon training and stuff like that.

"We have a dragon farm at Wolf Manor. They are already trained and we could use them for war." Max said.

"Perfect. Max, do you mind training my daughters how to fight?" My father boomed.

"I was planning on training Juliette tomorrow. But I will be more than happy to train Vanessa."

"No! I'm not fighting in that war. I'm gonna stay here with mom and give orders and keep an eye on things. Dad, you and Juliette can go out there and die but not me!" Vanessa exclaims, then she stomped out of the room.

My father waves his hand and continues talking to Max about how Max can train the werewolves and he will train the vampires, and then when the time comes, we will all train together along with the other minsters from the smaller kingdoms like sea monsters, were cats, and whatnot.....and that sounds like a pretty good plan to me.

But I can't believe Vanessa is being like this... She won't fight because she is too much of a coward to face the enemy.

Whatever, she talk about how she can be a better queen and just look at the way she is acting. She's ridiculous.

My father then tells Max that I can start training today, and we both gave each other a cheeky grin, and before I knew it, I grabbed Kellen and dragged him along to wlWolf Manor to train.

• • •

"Remember to never look where you are about to stab." Max shouted to me.

We were in this giant room filled with weapons, obstacles, and shooting targets. Max was dressed in a suit that made look like a marshmallow, but he moved pretty well in the suit.

He said that I'm pretty much a natural. There was just a few mistakes here and there that needed to be fixed like being a little more swift. Max says I am very agile, so that's great.

Its funny how quick I caught up.

Kellen was really great too because his dad had taught him a bunch of moves.

Kellen practiced with a staff member and let me tell you, he was swift. Right as the sword was about to stab him, he dodged, then made a nice where he turns, then somehow knocked the person's sword out of their hand, then had the hilt of his sword against their throat in a matter of five seconds.

I was too distracted by his swift moves, I almost got stabbed in the rib.

Max snapped his fingers in front of my face,"Don't get distracted no matter what. You would've died if this was real. Always keep eye contact."

So i did. All I can hear is metal crashing against metal as I looked into his tawny eyes.

After four hours of sword fighting, we all learned great new techniques like how to break the oponets arm with one quick move, how to outsmart them, and how to paralyze them with a simple pinch.

Max says that I am as good as a swordsman who has been training for seven years, so that's good. But I'm pretty sure I could have done better because I'm still hungover from last night.

Max then decides to take us to have a look at the dragon farm. It was a giant dome that was outside of his castle next to a practice battlefield,(we are training out there next week) and let me tell you, that dime was huge . We enters the dome and it looked like woodland in there, there were hundreds, maybe even thousands of different dragons all in different shapes and colors.