Chapter 11

I feel like something is wrong after Kellen just left me like that. He wouldn't do that for no reason. I decide to stop by his house and see what his problem was.

It takes about twenty minutes to get to his house because I have no ride. I knk im a princess, but i dont want a car so i can live my lige like a normal teen.

Before I knocked on the door I tried calling three times because I didn't want to run into his dad.

Kellen doesn't answer the phone so i finally decide to knock and he answers the door. Good thing it is not his dad.

"Hey, Princess." He says.

I glare at him and shout,"What is wrong with you! You leftme there all by myself! And you ddint even tell me where you were going."

He looks at me, surprised that I yelled at him.

"I'm sorry.... I.... I." He stops and takes me outside.

"My dad..... He is sick. In bed rest. I think someone poisoned him. While you were talking to Wolfboy, a nurse called me and told me about his condition. They don't think he is gonna make it." He says. His eyes are purple with sadness.

I hug him and say,"its okay to let it out. I won't judge."

That was when Kellen Hensling cried. The first time I ever saw him cry. He cried for about fifteen minutes, letting the wall of emotions and tears fall. I held him while he sobbed into my shirt. We were still outside and people who walked by just stared. But I didn't care and neither did Kellen.

He finally stopped crying and he said," I have so little hope about him making it. I know he could be a butt sometimes, but he raised me. He is still my dad."

I put a hand on his shoulder and let a strand of my blonde hair fall into my eyes," it will be alright. I promise. I will even pay the medical bills if you want me to."

"I can't let you do that." He says

"Too bad."

"You are the best."

I smirk at that comment.

"Do you want me to give you a ride?" He asks.

I shake my head and look into his eyes. They are still purple. I want to have him feel better before I leave.

"You should go to the hospital and visit him. That will probably help you feel better."

" Or it could make me feel worse."

"I doubt that. Go. It should help."

He gives an exasperated sigh and stands up and I stand with him. He nods his head and doesn't speak, but he just hugs me and then he leaves.

I walk back home. I can't wait for the changing so I can fly.
____________________________________________

The weekend goes by fast and it is back to school. Once Vanessa and I walk in through the school doors, we see werewolves filling the long hallway, bowing down to us. Because the hallway was dark and only illuminated by multicolored crystals on the walls, this all seemed magical.

The only time I saw this happen was in my wildest dreams. I look at Vanessa, she is smiling, eyes gold. She puts her black hair behind her ears and she says

"This is amazing." She says.

I am speechless, so I don't say anything at all. I just smile. Watching their actions pit butterflies in my stomache.

I see Max walk up to me with a goofy grin on his face.

He comes towards me and says,"Told ya I would have them all forgive you."