Chapter 5

As I start walking down the never ending hall then, I see Max.

He was glaring at me. All I do is look down and walk faster.

I know he is being a butthole , but he has a good reason. He is also an idiot because he doesn't know the whole story. Kellen said.

But what is he mad about. What is the whole story.

This is frustrating.

I walk down to my last class P.E.
I actually can't wait to get some exercise. I'm really tired of just going for a jog in the castle garden. It'd be nice to run on an actual track for a change

Venus and I are supposed to have P.E together, but I don't see her so I guess she is getting chewed out by the principal, Mr.Shores, who is a sea monster.

I go into the locker room, which has a stench of blended fumes from body oder to cheap perfume. So, I quickly change.
As I walk outside to run three laps around the track, I soon learn that Max and I have the same P.E class.

Uh oh.

And of course, out of all sports, we play dodge ball.

The game was a series of crying, red skin, and the sound of hard rubber hitting flesh.

Ouch

There were only five players from the boys side(one of them was Max) and three from the girls(one of them was me.)
He scowled at me most of the time and I knew I was going to get it. My anxiety level increased a little bit.

I looked at him, but every time I did I saw a good monster, I still had hope that we can be friends.

That's the thing about me. I have a little too much hope for everything.

But he looked at me as a menacing insect that needed to be squashed immediately.

One of the girls, a troll, threw the ball at one of the guys and got him out. Then it got switched up and then Max had the ball.

I started breathing heavily.
He throws a fast ball, but he wasn't aiming for me, he aimed for the troll girl.
I look at him, my jaw dropped.
The game continued and I eventually got out by a boy named Jared. A blonde vampire, who looked at me with sympathy, got me out. He was one of he few students at school that knew I was the princess.

That is what I'm talking about. Just because I'm a princess doesn't mean I will exicute them for simply getting me out in a game of dodge ball.
_______________________________

After school, I finally see Kellen and tell him about the rest of my day.

"One hell of a first day." He chuckles.
I agree.

"Did you hear about Venus?" I ask.

He starts laughing, "who doesn't know?" He answered," she is a genius."

I smile and say,"Do you have feelings for her?"

He gives me a look of disgust and says,"are you freaking kidding me? Hell no!"

I start cracking up at his reaction.I know he isn't lying because when vampires lie, there eyes go from gold to dark brown, then gold again. Like I said, we can't hide our emotions.

I know he is going to be someone I want to be in my life forever. I feel it in my gut.

"She's a lesbian anyway." He says.

"What!" I yell.

He starts laughing.

"I was kidding." He says.
I didn't pay attention to his eyes that time, so how should I know.

But while he was laughing I realized how big his fangs were. They were huge.
But not like a walrus or anything, just a good size.

He smirks at me and asks,"what is it."

"Nothing." I say.

"Whatever." He shrugs.

I smile at him and say, "Thanks for showing me around and everything. Its nice to know there are people like you here, who don't care if I'm royalty or not. Most of all, thanks for being my friend."

"Don't go all mushy on me, Princess." He smiles,"and your welcome. I can't help if I'm an awesome dude" He smirks.

I laugh at him and playfully slap his head.

Its weird, I feel like I've known him all my life so I feel really comfortable around him.

"Nice talking to you, Princess, but I gotta get going."

"Okay. Bye, Kellen."
He waves and he slowly transforms into a bat and flaps away.

I start to walk home and I realized something.

He is really cute as a bat.