Chapter 3 My Childhood Friend

Kellen, Venus and I start getting ready for fourth period. We still had about fifteen minutes to hang out, but Venus had to start heading to her next class And it is on the other side of the school. Long walk.

Kellen and I slowly walk to our fourth period small talking and then I see him.
My old child hood friend. Max Claw. We used to be bestest friend, he used to come over all the time we would pretend we were the fiercest warriors. We would tell each other thay we would be in the greatest battles and we would fight side by side together.and one day...... I never saw him again. His dad, King Shojen of the werewolves and my parents were good allies.

What happened.

I only recognize him because all monster royals have to get a special tattoo of your family crest. Even when your a kid. For example, mine is on my hip, it is a bat with some kind of sash wrapped around it. His is on his arm and it is simply a paw, but his is burned instead of tattoo. No monster can copy a royal family crest or they get executed for fraud.
"Are you alright Juliette?" Kellen asked

"That's Max Claw." I reply.

He rolls his eyes and says, "yeah, one of the biggest idiots in the school. He hates all vampires."

"I'm gonna go talk to him." I say, my enthusiasm increasing.

"What did you not just hear a freaking word I said? He hates all vampires."

"I don't even know why that is, bit I know that I did nothing, so I'm gonna talk to him." I say sternly."and I'm not a vampire yet."

Before he can argue with me I walk to Max. He was wearing a blue tank top and gym shorts. Typical guy I thought. His brown hair was a little short. He wasn't half bad.

As I approach him, his gang's faces contort. I go to Max and say,"Max Claw right?"

"Who are you?" Max asks harshly

"Juliette remember? Childhood friends?"I say looking into his brown eyes.

His eyes light up and he takes my hand and leads me down down the hallway. He hisses at me,"you and yourstupid vampire subjects know exactly what you did!"

"What are y-"

"Shut it, Juliette" he says mockingly.

"Max, i really don't know. One day we are best friends and the next day, you were gone." I say, tears threatening to come out.

He scoffs and says, " Stay out of my life and stay away from my subjects!" He hisses one last time before walking back to his possey.

I walk faster back to Kellen trying to hide my eyes.

"What were you thinking." He asks.

I don't say anything, I just sniffle with my head down. I didn't want him to see me as weak.

"The butthole made you cry, didn't he."Kellen says furiously. We only became friends today and he already gets mad when someone hurts my feelings.

I nod to him and look up. His eyes are red again.

"You really don't know what happened between vampires and were wolves, do you?" He says. I shake my head. "Well, lucky for you we are learning all about it next week.
He puts a hand on my shoulder and smiles reassuringly. I force a smile back and then we start heading to class.