Chapter Seven - A Recipe For Disaster Indeed

COMMENT, COMMENT, COMMENT!

"Vanderbilts are here, sir. They have been escorted to the meeting room."

Crazy shit went down in my chest when he said that. I blew out a breath and nodded. I stood in front of the mirror, it was the first time I paid attention to my looks before going to a meeting, I usually don't care about how I look because every day is the same, suits and ties. I fixed my hair and dusted my suit jacket.

I followed my secretary out of the office. I stepped into the elevator and watched silently as the floors went down. A pressure building inside my chest.

Exiting the elevator, I followed Brandon to the meeting room. I stopped as I noticed a golden head of hair. Her back was facing me as she sat on the chair. She whispered something in the ear of the guy sitting next to her and I caught a glance at her side profile.

"Sir?"

My attention snapped towards Brandon who was looking at me cluelessly.

"What?"

"They're waiting, sir"

I resumed walking into the meeting room and once I entered, all of my employees stood up, and the Vanderbilts' team also stood up — she stood up too...
The girl that appeared in my dreams every single night.

She was here...

Just a few feet away from me...

I made my way to the head of the table. "Mr. Vanderbilt" I firmly shook his hand. "My father spoke very highly of you" 

And then my eyes fell on her and our eyes met. There was certain fierceness in her eyes that nearly took my breath away. Her lips parted and then twisted into a slight smile as she took me in, looking me up and down but all I could focus on was her face.

Do you know the feeling when you have only seen a celebrity on TV and social media but when they come right in front of you, you don't even know if they are real or not. That is exactly what I felt at this moment. I couldn't believe she was real. I couldn't believe she was standing right before me. Vanderbilt rambled on in the back something about looking forward to working with me.

I offered her a hand. "Ms. Carter"

She put her hand forward and I purposely gripped her hand tighter. I wanted to remember how it felt to touch her. I wanted to remember the feel of her skin.

Her little smile fell as her soft, dainty hand disappeared into my big one. She blinked multiple times and then she swallowed uneasily before she tugged her hand back and I let it go.

Did I just affect her?

Or is it my imagination?

She gave me a weak nod. "Mr. Harding"