Chapter Twenty-Two - Always Been You

What is Dark Romance?

Dark romance is a lot like how it sounds--romance novels with darker themes, with mature content for adult readers. Dark romance novels often come with content warnings, and they can explore BDSM, role-playing, abduction, r*pe fantasies, and kidnapping and captivity. Some dark romances do explore a lack of consent.

A sub-genre of romance that contains controversial themes throughout the plot or characters with questionable morale and background. This can also be described as the "villain love interest" trope manifesting into a genre.

KNOW AND UNDERSTAND WHAT DARK ROMANCE MEANS!

When you click on the book which is listed as a dark romance, do not expect fluff and perfection. We have other genres for that. Don't send me long-ass messages in the DMs, about what should happen and what shouldn't happen. Understand what this story is about. If you want fluff, there are a lot of options out there.

Everyone is allowed to write about anything they want!

Do you know what's the beauty of fiction? You can step in and out of the world and still be safe. However, if you have triggers around sexual assault, violence, or anything in that zone, you may want to steer clear of these.

READ AND UNDERSTAND THE TAGS BEFORE READING A BOOK.

NOT YOUR CUP OF TEA?

IGNORE IT!

Some people needed a reminder because honestly, it's getting mentally exhausting to have to explain the same thing over and over again.