Chapter Thirty-Five - Hard.

Omg, the way y'all turned your back on my Hunter. 😱

I hoisted the barbell high above my chest with a harsh exhale

I hoisted the barbell high above my chest with a harsh exhale. My heart felt like it would fucking explode at any given second due to the heaviness that had settled over it. Flashes of last night plagued my mind making me clench my jaw.

How her eyes turned soft as she looked at him.

She leaped into his arms like she never wanted to let him go.

Hunter looked at me, his eyes gleaming with a certain malice.

I knew what he was thinking. He knew what I was thinking.

She left with him.

She never texted back.

I lowered the weights to my chest, inch by inch, then pushed up again. Sweat poured down my body, my blood boiling in my veins. I gritted my teeth, I was engulfed with negative thoughts.

Did they sleep together?

What had happened between them?

They broke up! 

They fucking broke up!

But I don't fucking know why.

A few feet over, Christian in a muscle tank grunted as he raised his weights and then dropped them with a loud clang on the floor.

"Just keep your fucking anger in check, man, and we wouldn't have a problem," he said to me.

I raised the barbell once more, my jaw clenching. "His face pisses me off"

I felt the blood rushing to my muscles and my heart beating faster. When I reached the top of the lift, I gave a few deep breaths and then lowered the weight.

He was the first one to delete all of her pictures from his life.

He was the first one to update his relationship status to fucking single. I wouldn't have known about it but he threw himself a breakup party, inviting all of his social media friends as well; as if he was celebrating that Ella wasn't a part of his life anymore.

Then. What. The. Fuck. Was. He. Doing. Last. Night?!

I completed the set, slammed the bar on the rack, and sat up, taking a deep breath. I knew that I had given everything I had in that final set. I took a deep breath, grabbed my water bottle, and looked around the gym.

"They fucking broke up, man. Stop pissing yourself off"

I wiped the sweat from my face with a towel. "Exes don't hug each other like they fucking did!"

"It's okay to be friends with your Ex, Ace. Some people stay friends" he said as a matter of factly.

I took a sip. "Friends? I stopped existing for her the second he called her name. You don't look at your friends the way she looked at him. The look, the hug exchanged between them was anything but friendly."