Chapter Twenty-Nine - Late Night Phone Calls

Sorry for the late update 🥺
I'll try my best to finish these two books within the next two months and that means more updates in the month of September! ❤️

Sorry for the late update 🥺I'll try my best to finish these two books within the next two months and that means more updates in the month of September! ❤️

"Happy birthday, my king"

I gave him a wide smile. "Thank you, grandpa!"

"Come here!" he opened his arms and I immediately ran into his arms, wrapping them tight around his torso.

"What did you get me?" I asked excitedly.

"Come with me"

We walked into the garage of grandpa's mansion and he ordered his men to take the covers off. The white sheets flew off revealing a BMW. I knew he was going to give me a car because dad had finally allowed me to learn how to drive.

"What do you think?" grandpa asked.

"I love it, thank you so much, you're the best!" I hugged him once more.

He laughed. "Come on, let's take it out for a test drive"

I shook my head. "No, I want to show it to Ella first"

Grandpa frowned. "Don't I deserve a little love or are you going to give it all to that girl?"

I laughed, shaking my head once more. "Fine, let's go for a test drive then I'll go show it to her"

"Perfect!"

We both settled into the car, I fastened my seatbelt and so did grandpa. He gave me some instructions and I turned the engine on, bringing it to life.

I drove slowly by the curb making sure I don't crash before I even get to show it to Ella. Grandpa's phone rang and he picked up talking to someone while I drove. 

"Ace, can you turn right from here?" grandpa asked.

I nodded and turned. He kept giving me instructions until we stopped in a bad, dingy neighborhood. I turned to grandpa and raised an eyebrow, asking where we were.

"I'm here," he said on the phone.

I waited as he talked some more, looking around. A wave of fear hit me as I stared down the street… a few weird people were hanging around here and there, and a dirty area in the corner had a big pile of garbage. Billboards displayed half-naked women, and the road was cracked. Shady-looking people were hanging around every corner.

I swallowed and turned back to grandpa.

"I can't come inside, I'm with my grandson... He's a fourteen-year-old kid, Rico... His mother will kill me... Can you send one of your men outside I have the money in my pocket... I can't leave him alone..." he groaned, slumping his head back. "ugh, fine, fine, I'll be in there in a second."