Chapter Fifteen - You've Come To The Expert

Overthinking — is when you repetitively dwell on the same thought or situation over and over to the point it gets in the way of your life

I never had that problem before with anything or with anyone. Nowadays, my mind seems to be in a constant battle. When it comes to her, I have started to stress over little details. I don't wanna say the wrong thing, or do the wrong thing, so, I had to think my every single action through.

Obsessive — that is the word I'd use for myself.

This girl... this blonde Thumbelina has me wrapped around her finger without even knowing it.

You can deliver them to my apartment tonight.

What did she mean by that?

Did she mean to have the stuff delivered to her apartment?

Or

Did she mean I should deliver the things myself?

I think she meant I should deliver them personally, right? It sure does sound like that.

I have read that message a thousand times since the evening. Okay, now I'm exaggerating, maybe not a thousand times but roughly around eighty-four to eighty-six times.

This text is like a puzzle. A puzzle I desperately want to solve.

I could just text her back and ask her what she meant by that but what if she says to have them delivered? I also didn't want that.

I wanted to talk to her about what happened at the office. I wanted to apologize because it happened under my watch between my employees.

I don't care about what kind of history she must have with Jonathan but I can guess it wasn't a good one.

I wanted to see if she is alright.

So, I decided on delivering the stuff myself. 

I had a cardboard box in one hand as I attempted to ring the bell with the other.

All the children had written what they ever want in a home and Brandon picked it up from the orphanage. The abbess doesn't know about it, I hope she never does. 

I waited...

The door unlocked from the other side and my heart dropped to my stomach. Fuck, now I think it was a fucking bad idea to come here like this. I think I should've texted her before showing up outside of her apartment. She doesn't trust me, what if she thinks I'm here to--- The door opened and--- Motherf---!

I took a deep, calming breath. All common sense flew out of the fucking window at the sight of her, but I grab ahold of my senses, my fingers dug into the cardboard box.

She stood before me wearing a silk black nightdress, short, a little too short for my liking, with a matching silk robe over it. Why does she own so many black clothes? Doesn't she realize how good that color looks on her? Such a vixen!