Chapter Twenty-Five - You Get Something, I Get Something.

Hello there, my lovelies! 😘

That feeling...

There is always a certain feeling you get when you talk to the person you really like talking to. No one can really explain it, but you just smile non-stop without any apparent reason. You feel happy and elated.

That's what I was feeling today.

The intercom buzzed over my desk, and Brandon's voice filled the office. "Sir, just checking in to remind you that your meeting with the Vanderbilt employees is in ten minutes in conference room A."

"Thank you, Brandon."

I got up, buttoned my suit jacket, and headed out of the office. There were some difficulties that the Vanderbilt team had been facing over the past few weeks that they wanted to go over.

Brandon picked up the file as he saw me coming out of the office. We made our way to the elevator and pushed a button as it went down.

"Sir, I talked to you about my mother's medical expenses..." he trailed off; I could pick the hesitation in his voice.

Brandon has never asked me for anything. He is the kind of guy who likes to earn through hard work, but he recently learned that his mother has cancer. He wouldn't ask if he wasn't desperate.

"You are the one who handles my accounts, Brandon."

"Yes, sir, but I'd like if you-"

"You don't have to ask."

He smiled. "Thank you, sir."

"Don't sweat it."

The elevator doors opened, and we walked out. It was the same conference room where we had our first meeting. I smiled as I saw her back; she was sitting on the side chair right next to my chair.

I walked into the conference room and offered the employees a curt smile, but when my eyes met hers, the fake smile transformed into a genuine one. I tipped my head towards her, almost like a bow.

"Good morning, everyone" I stood at the head of the conference table and then turned to my side, "Ms. Carter."

I unbuttoned my jacket before sitting down and reclining back. I gestured for the intern to start the meeting.

He explained the objective of the meeting and then gave a chance to the Vanderbilt employees to voice their conflicts and the problems they had been facing at the site.

"Ella, can you hand Mr. Harding the paperwork"

I glanced at her as she looked for the correct file and then slid it across the table for me.

I picked it up and opened it, only to slam it shut.

I have no idea how she pulled this off with a straight face. I never saw it coming.