Chapter Thirteen - Messed With The Wrong Bitch!

Here's a gift for you guys as THE PLAYER'S SIDECHICK reached 1M reads!

My Graduation Party...

I imagined many many ways that I would celebrate my graduation but there was this one thing I was so damn sure of, I knew by the time, I'll graduate I'll be married. Now that I looked around myself, I felt alone.

There was not a single face in sight that I knew. Some were my college friends but other than them my apartment was crawling with a bunch of strangers.

This is so not the way I wanted it to go.

He promised that he will be here, but I guess he has different priorities now.

I hate to sound bitter but I'm not very good at keeping my emotions in check.

I held the drink in my mouth for a moment and let the ice and lime pulp brush against my tongue.

I can see my future clearly now— crazy old cat lady. No scratch that, crazy, rich old dog lady. I laughed at myself.

"Ella Carter?" a deep voice behind me caught my attention.

I turned and appraised the guy before me. How does he know my name? That is the first question that popped into my mind but then I mentally shook myself. Ella, it's your graduation party, of course, he knows the name of the hostess.

He was fairly handsome with curly brown hair mopping over his forehead, green eyes, and a dimple. I liked dimples.

My forehead creased. "Do I know you?"

He breathed out a laugh. "I know a Richmonte girl when I see one..."

I gave him a smile to be polite. "I'm sorry but I still don't know who you are..."

"Jonathan Reed, we went to school together. Richmonte High— Go, Wolves!" he chuckled.

Fuck... Is it bad that I don't remember him at all? I completely blanked out as I tried hard to remember who he was. Maybe, we had a class together or maybe, he was a junior or a senior?

When I didn't say anything, he continued. "It's okay if you don't remember me, I wasn't really your type in school."

Does he think he is my type now? That's presumptuous of him.

I swallowed my drink down in one gulp allowing the bubbles to massage my throat.

"My type?" I questioned

"You dated handsome, cocky jocks in school. Football players, I mean..."

I squinted my eyes. "How do you know?"

It was a little creepy of him. Why does he remember who I dated in high school when I wasn't even aware of his existence.

"You were Ella Carter, co-captain of the cheer squad. Of course, I knew you but I get why you don't remember me. There's no way a pretty girl like you would have talked to me."