the spring

Zaya's pov

After waiting a lot which felt like an eternity my results will be out tomorrow, Which is a relief yet a pain I waited long enough for it... tomorrow is a very special and life-changing day for me and my cousin's sister mehna, I am getting my results and she is getting married.

she just turned 20 and she is marrying already...it is an arranged marriage but she is more than happy in it..

As a Muslim girl in a strict Muslim family we are not allowed to love other boys before marriage it's considered as a sin to be in a relationship like that before marriage and only marriage will give you the right to look at a boy who is your husband can only touch him and everything with only him...

I am not against it. As a true believer l Never let my heart skip for any of my Teenage emotions I never let it pass against my "dheen"... And I promised myself that I will always keep my sanity...

We are now in Islamabad for mehna Didi's wedding it's my second time visiting Islamabad, first was when I was young and baba and ammie took me here on a holiday and the second one is now. The capital city never fails to amaze me ... And my dream is to study Here in any medical University, graduate with good marks work here and settle down here, Islamabad has everything that the whole Pakistan can offer .....

As the thought of me getting settled here , my airy castle was soon broken by a wincing pain on my right arm..  ammie pinched me for not getting ready yet... after all it is the wedding ceremony today...i looked at her she was glaring at me with her hands  on either side of her hips ...ammie was looking soo pretty in her lavender kurta with likely stone worked on it. Her kurta was gifted by rabiya aunty (Mehna Di's ammie)...

Mehna di is my first cousin my father's elder brother's daughter. Abbu has one more sibling other than my uncle, abbu has an elder sister thasleema aunty.. abbu is the youngest among them and zahin is the youngest grandchildren following up by Me mehan di , Zainab and her big brother rishan Bhai... rishan Bhai is thasleema aunty's only son and eldest amoung us our 'big bro'...

I have waited a long 'for my results but out of all day it has to come tomorrow which making me more worried ... My whole life is depending on it and in another hand there is this wedding which is like soo much important to me ... Usually, in our family, I take the role of mood lighter and the energy bank of all programs happens in our family... I just enjoy myself and try to make others enjoy too .. but no.. not today I was fighting hard not to think about it ...

I was not only worried about my results I am worried about something way more serious than that which can only be change by my upcoming scores..

yesterday when I was passing by the guest room I heard ammie and thasleema aunty talking about me .. when I sharpen my ears to hear what chit chat thees ladies are having about me behind my back and what  I heard shok me off-guard,my ears couldn't believe what i was hearing.. They were freaking talking about ' my marriage !! yaa Allah my marriage 17 yr old my marriage !!!'.... and more than all of that which made my head go blank was when I Heard thasleema aunty Asking my hand for rishan Bhai for the wedding.i felt the ground slipping beneath me when i heard that. to add more to that which broke my heart when I heard her mentioning rishan Bhai was the one who put forward this thought and what more she said.. he likes me..hearing that almost made me throw up ... Out of all the people "rishan Bhai"

Rishan Bhai and zahin are the only boys in our family and rishan Bhai is my everything. He is like a real brother to me, i always saw him that way. He was always kind to me, helped me out whenever i needed, support me like no one and he is funny, cheerful he is a brother i always wants by my side. when i was young i used to pray to God that to make him my blood brother but after growing up i was Grateful enough that he is atleast my cousin brother... but now when I look back everything feeling strange...the kindness he showed, the smile he smiled and the way he looked at me... everything feels bad after what i heard the words keep playing in my mind " rishan likes her " thasleema aunties words was persuing my heart but more that all of that i feeling sick thinking that he was always treating me not like a sister but some thing els...

My vision was already blurry my eyes were filled with tears.. i was on the edge of breaking down right there....   I heard aunty talking about my upcoming exam result "i heard that her results are coming tomorrow...i was thinking like if she did not make it up to university let it be...rishan is not that font of her studying in university either so if she don't get in then let's just hurry this marriage..it says na 'don't late good things' " .. she said.i was devastate hearing that like man education is the basic right of every human no one can block that and still how can they decided married over studies when iam just 17 still who does that in this century...i was burning in Anger mixed with sorrow...

" I had seen her trying hard for University... inshallah if she gets in let her study too if not let it be as u said "i heard ammie saying.. both said "inshallah" (if god wills)

Somwhare i was eased little bit that at least ammie considered my dreams but still how can she say "inshallah" to this how can she think of getting her 17 yr old daughter to marry a person who she considers brother by all means.. my head was filled with lots of questions I was irritated...'what about talking to abbu?' I thought but as quickly the thought came by that quickly it went away as I know my abbu he will be more than happy to consider it when he hears it and won't  hear a Word from me against it ...

There was only one hope left now for me my results which will be coming tomorrow... if I manage to get into a good University with good grades  ammie will not even mention this to abbu i hope and if Abbu don't know then there will be nothing to worry about for now.... Everything will be all right I will be fine I can study and be with my friends like i planed and Never have to marry my brother ... it's all depend on tomorrow's result ...

Reciting Surathul fatiha i prayed to my lord ' please show any miracle and save me from this.. please make me get in the best university so that I never have to marry rishan Bhai Allah Please accept my dua .. Ameen '

......END OF POV.......

Little did she know that Allah had already accepted her dua and wrote something else in her fate that she can never change...

Pls, do comment on how is this chapter and whare do I need to improve. I am looking forward to reading great positive comments 😊

 I am looking forward to reading great positive comments 😊