DARK DESIRES

(author's pov)

The night was thick and dark..but the City was not asleep yet..the ground reflected the light from the big five-star building illuminating the whole place ...

Zahan got out from the main entrance along with his business partners all of them dressed well in formals...

He shook hands with a man in his late fifties with grey hair and a pulled-out belly

" See you soon Mr Khan.. tell my greetings to your abbu"the old man said with a warm smile on his wrinkled face.. highlighting the fine lines as he smiled at him

"Sure Mr Khalid" zahan said back with his usually stern face which rarely knows to smile...

Without much talking he ended the conversation and walked towards his car away from the group of board members..the valet has already parked his car at the entrance his black Mercedes was glazing under the lights...the valet gave him the key back with a generous smile which he ignored like he doesn't even exist...

He got inside the car and throw his now dead phone into the charging slot it beamed to life indicating it is now charging...

Zahan looked outside and found his secretary Rohan standing there...

" Have a safe trip?" he said with an exhausted smile and zahan nodded back in reply and started the car...

Rohan has been working with zahan for a while and they Share a lite friendship Rohan is that other person he trusts and talks after adhil... working with zahan was always easy for him since he does his part clean so Rohan didn't had much mess to clean after him but today was exceptional in the first time in his experience he got a command from zahan like that to change the scheduled meating and arrange everything and the cause is still unknown for him and the quick cammand fell heavy on him also it's effect is so evident in his face

He took a last Glance in the rare view mirror and saw the board members which were present in the meeting he conducted talking to each other in a small group...he ignored it and drove on...he pretty well knows what the old guys would be talking about more like gossiping like old aunties...

They are probably talking about today's events and how a face-to-face meeting that was supposed to happen in Dubai Turned into an online conference meeting without prior notice ...

He can't blame them for talking about that because he doesn't know himself how things turned out this way ...

Today he was supposed to have a meeting with the shareholders in Dubai regarding the new branch of their hospital which is going to open soon in Dubai...

The actual plan was to go to Dubai himself with the other board members but last minute everything changed...

He has no idea what was gotten into him to take a reckless decision like that last minute it was really unlike him...

The puppy cute eyes of zaya's pleading look rushed into his mind resulting in his lips to Twitch into a grin...he chuckled thinking about today's scenes that happened back home...

Now he knows exactly what and when it all went wrong...his mind played flashback events of how zaya was pleading and being stubborn that she wanted to stay home all alone while trying to convince him with a puppy eye look and how he eventually fell for it.. and also how he cancelled his trip to Dubai so he can come back home so she won't be alone....
that time when Rohan called him and he thoughtlessly changed the whole plan he cancelled his plan to go Dubai instead he ordered him to make the meeting online...

Zahan was equally surprised by his behaviour as others he doesn't understand what had gotten into him nowadays everything he does lately is nothing like before...he was a man who likes and does things pre-planned and prefect he likes to do things face to face and here he cancelling a pre-scheduled meeting just like that and making it online all those things make no sense as if the person who he is now is a stranger to himself