secret

.

"it's a waste of time if i wait for you, aeri. i couldn't see a piece of the chance to get you anymore. let's stop the deal and break all the promises i created with you," his heart break into a million pieces, he finallh let it out after watching her being so happy with her life she had right now.

"you don't like me anymore?" aeri asked with a slow voice. she doesn't feel hurt, there is nothing to feel here except for the owner of another voice.

"what's the point of liking you? to get hurt? to be in pain? i'm doing this for my future. i want to have my love life story too, i want to make mine too," letting out everything from his heart as he being too honest.

aeri shook her head as she smile while looking at his sorrow face. "no. i'm happy for you. you were right tho. i got three years more until our marriage contract end so i'm somebody's wife. you should go find a better girl, sunghoon. you deserve it,"

sunghoon closed his eyes and rested his back at the wall behind him. after a second, he opened his eyes again, "how about you?"

"how about me?" aeri asked him back with a frown on her eyesbrows.

"is he falling in love with you?" that question, no answer.

"i don't know if he started to fall in love with me or what. he never shows me his effort or love. maybe it's serious when he said he would never fall in love with me," sunghoon could feel sadness from her explanation and now, it feels like both of them are in pain.

"you? have you fallen in love with him?" aeri gulped her saliva when sunghoon comes out with that question.

she look at sunghoon with a clueless face. "i- i don't know," sunghoon scoffed as he took his latte and take a sip before continuing.

"do you feel your heart beating when he's around? or uncomfortable and weird thingy on your tummy? jealous? want he to pay attention to you more than anyone else?" to be honest, aeri was shocked when she heard all of those questions.

it takes a minute for her to thinks before speaking again, "recently, i feel something on my tummy when he talked to me even it's unimportant things. i find him attractive even tho he did nothing! i get annoyed when he cut our conversation and acted cold to me even i know he's tired and busy with his studies," explaining what she feels recently.

sunghoon jaw dropped. he had a crush on aeri since their first day in high school but never know aeri could explain things like this. i mean, explained things about something she loves.

"it's confirmed. congratulations, you are in love. so how? are you going to keep the plan?" sunghoon asked but aeri frowned.

she feels like it's all a lie, it's sunghoon plan to stop her hurting heeseung. "do you think i would believe you? who are you to confirm that i'm in love? cupid? love doctor?"

sunghoon keep quiet for a while and decide to answer her question. "that's how i felt when i'm around you. i mean, used to," aeri eyes widened as she slowly lowered her head.

"i-i'm sorry. i didn't know–"

"nah, it's okay. past is the past, i guess. about your plan, whatever happens. don't hurt heeseung too much, okay? don't tell him i knew about this, i felt like a bad friend right now huhu," sunghoon pouted.

sunghoon feels like he's finally removed a burden on his shoulder. he let go of the girl that he loved since day one. it's not like he can't wait anymore but watching the scene in front of his eyes.

just made him realize that he couldn't hold aeri as heeseung do. his best friend's wife, what a bad friend if he still wants to take aeri away.

even aeri would leave heeseung one day? yes. that would be unfair if he take aeri away after she hurt the boy's feelings.

"by any chance, do you want me to set you a blind date?" aeri smirked.

"are you crazy?! i just got heartbroken and now you want to set me on a stupid date," eh, thought that they never bickered to each other without heeseung. maybe that's how their relationship is, frenemy. yea, no more than that.

"i want to help you, stupid!"

"i can heal myself,"

"oi, park sunghoon. don't be selfish, can you? i know i might hurt your feelings but we can still be a friend you know? and here i am, i want to find a girl better than me for you. the girl that deserves happiness and love from you," aeri explained.

sunghoon had no choice. he was taken aback when she said that they can be a friend and she want to help him.

"alright, i'll set your blind date on saturday. i'll go now. i still have a class to attend. see ya!" and with that, aeri got out from the same yesterday cafè leaving sunghoon alone.