upcoming date

.

It's saturday and aeri have been smiling since she woke up. usually, when the weekend comes, she would spend time with her cat or do her project.

now she's resting on the sofa with her phone in her hand. looks like she smiling while chatting with someone. curious took over heeseung, he walked toward aeri with coffee in his hand and sit on another sofa.

"are you into someone right now or you just find a funny meme?" aeri closed her phone, still smiling and seat properly.

"i'm into you and only you, dummy. anyways, it's not a funny meme. it's something magical happen called love between your friend and my friend. wait, i think our friends?" aeri said only making heeseung frown again. it half lie, half truth when she said she's only into him, lol.

"since when did my friends become your friend?" he scoffed.

"well, you know wonyoung from medical's building who took dentist course? she's having a date with that cold stupid ice skater!" not helping at all, heeseung got more confused.

"wonyoung? how do you know her tho? and who's cold stupid ice skater?" - heeseung

"wonyoung is yujin's friend. she introduced me to her that day. wonyoung said she's tired of being lovesick. she wants someone to date but couldn't find the right one..." aeri explained.

"and...?"

aeri sighed. why do this clever boy couldn't think anything? "and... i set her blind date with sunghoon!"

heeseung is lost for words. he can't believe she do the stupid dumb blind date for them. for his friend who never talk about love before?

"say something! aren't you happy? your friend got a date now!" aeri put a question to heeseung who still processing his mind. aren't sunghoon and her not that close? girl they can't even talk normally without bickered. well of course that's just an act.

no words come out from heeseung's mouth making aeri sigh. she scoffed then go back to her position while scrolling and tapping her phone with a smile. giggling after reading wonyoung's text.

wonyoung said sunghoon have been so kind to her! he treat her just like a princess and became more gentlemen. it suits her taste very well. god damn she don't know she can be cupid.

"i never thought he would do that?" aeri flinched when a voice comes from her head. looking behind her, showing heeseung who's quietly reading their message and smiling like crazy too.

aeri looks at heeseung and back to her phone with a smile on her face. "yeah, he's such a gentleman. thank god he had me as a good frenemy to help him,"

"but they not an official couple," heeseung said not wanting to accept the fact all of this happen because of his wife.

"not yet," heeseung scoffed after aeri continued his words and went to the kitchen to wash his cup. then, he went to their shared room leaving aeri alone in the living room.

——

"are you going somewhere?" aeri asked when she notice heeseung changed his clothes and bought a backpack as he want to go out.

he nodded, he took the key and was about to walk to the door but aeri stopped her. "are you going to the library?"

"what?! ish, what the function of my study room if i still go to the library," he laughed. "i'm going to visit the zoo. we may be having practical there,"

"can i go with you? i'm bored," the butterflies couldn't stop on his tummy when he saw aeri pout again. he didn't lie when he said she's cute when she's pout.

well, yeah but it's annoying when she does it on purpose. "no," heeseung answered.

a little sigh could be heard. "why? you do your work, i would enjoy watching animals by myself. just please bring me along," she whines as heeseung couldn't help but patted her head to calm her down.

"i'll bring you tomorrow okay? we'll be watching animals together. i can't bring you today, my professor also will be there. sorry..." aeri eyes widened.

guilty all she could feel. she didn't know his professor will be there and he go there with his classmate for his project. "ahh, go now. they'll be waiting for you,"

heeseung laughed as he went outside the door and closed it. aeri's hand slowly makes its way to her cheek. it's warm. without realizing it, she's smiling like an idiot with her cheeks still red effect from blushing when heeseung patted her head.

after a second she stopped. standing in front of the door like '🕴'. "what was that?" she slapped herself for bringing herself back to reality.

she sighed. "you're going to leave him, aeri. you need to make him fall in love with you, not yourself!" aeri mumble to herself, gaining her confidence with a serious face.

"ahh, heli! i'm going to date with your father tomorrow!" she is running like a kid once she saw heeseung's cat who just making its way to the kitchen.

hugging heli tightly while smiling like an idiot. her mind remind her again how heeseung patted her head making her squeeze the cat. she stopped when heli bite her hand and walked away from her.

but that's not stopping her from smiling. she forgot about sunghoon and wonyoung's date. now she laying on the sofa again, imagine how tomorrow would be. yes, she completely forgot all those words she gave to herself.

she knows she is deeply in love, but she is scared to accept the fact.