11

|And suddenly life wasn't about living. It was about surviving|

May brought out the first aid kit and crouched down before Liam. She looked at the whimpering boy and tears hit the brim of her eyes but she tried her hardest to hold it back.

Liam sat on the couch with his fists clenched. The left side of his face was swollen and unrecognizable. He had a black eye and a broken nose. His jaw was severely bruised and blood covered his lips and teeth.

He wanted to rip Andreas apart for taking his friend. Though Andreas had disabled him by his constant and brutal punches, his ears were still were much able. He heard Annalise's cries and whimpers of pain. The way he smoothly and efficiently manipulated the terrified girl was beyond him. What made him even more furious was that Andreas had no remorse for what he did.

He began shaking lightly due to rage and May placed her hand on his balled-up fist, making him snap his eyes towards her.

"I'll clean your wounds, Liam," May said in a small voice and dipped the cotton dap in the disinfectant before placing it on Liam's bloody cheek. Liam hissed as it stung him and retreated a little but eventually relaxed as May began wiping the blood off his face.

Getting wounded wasn't something new to Liam. He was a footballer and with them came, falls and another way of getting wounded on the grounds. He was used to the stings of the disinfectant. But it still did sting the first time it came in contact with the wound.

"May, we need to find her." He whispered hoarsely and looked at May, who tried hard not to show any emotions.

While Mila and Liam were furious, no one could understand May's pain. She just saw her sister almost get killed and her daughter taken away right in front of her eyes. May had lost everything. From her husband to her parents. Now, her only daughter Annalise was kidnapped by a brutal hunk.

Sniffing, she turns her face other side and closes her eyes momentarily as tears threaten to spill out.

No mother wants to see their daughter being manipulated and taken away. Not forget how he was manhandling the fragile girl. She wanted to slap the man away and hold Annalise in her warm and comforting embrace. Kiss her and tell her that everything was going to be fine but how could she when she was held back by a random man.

"May," Liam called when May showed indifference to Liam's words.

"You will need to get your nose fixed," May said and cleaned him up quickly. She walked over to Mila who had rested her head back on a chair and was looking at the exchange between Liam and May.

Mila was surprised to see May behave like this. She could tell her sister was hurting but why didn't she listen to Liam? That thought bothered her.

May has loved Lise with all of it. She was the best mother and sister. She made sure Annalise didn't feel left out. She made sure to fill that empty pit of her father's absence. She gave her all the care Lise deserved. Sure, May would get angry at Lise from time to time but, that's what moms do. One second she would yell at Lise for doing something wrong or messing the house up but that didn't last long, she loved Lise more than anything.

Lise was a forgetful teen. She'd often leave her things here and there or scattered all around her room. She would take something from the refrigerator and would either forget to put it back or would forget to close the refrigerator door.

Oftentimes, Lise, like any other teen dwelled in food. She was a foodie and didn't mind munching on it, or so they thought. Mila and May were unaware of Lise's anorexia and Lise put up a good act in showing them otherwise.