28

Annalise gasped for air when her small body was being pulled into the water. She wasn't able to move anymore. Tears stung her eyes as she saw her death blinding her.

She knew she was going to die despite all thrashing. There was no way out she didn't know how to swim and no one would come to her aid.

Andreas who stood up watched her thrash in the water. Her cries for help and her small body getting sucked into the water, he saw it and heard it all.

Just when he thought she gave up, he removed the jacket of his suit and threw it away, not caring it would spoil the expensive fabric. Removing the cuffs of his shirt, he folded his sleeves up to his elbows and kicking his shoes away, he stared at her thrashing body before diving straight into the pool.

Reaching her, he rounded his arm around her waist and pulled her cold trembling body flushed to his. holding her securely, he pulls her out of the water and bangs her body against the edge of the pool.

Lise opens her eyes, gasping for air, and clutches Andreas's body. Her fingers tremble as she holds onto his neck for her dear life.

Coughing all the chlorine water out, she buries her face in the crook of his neck, as if seeking comfort and protection in his embrace.

The man had been fucking with her brains. He was the one to throw her in the water yet he was the one to pull her out.

"Shh... you are fine now." He cooed in her ear with a smirk plastered on his lips and patting her head slightly. His touch was gentle and comforting, something that Annalise desperately needed right now.

Tears rolled down her rosy cheeks at the near-death experience. His words only made her tighten her hold around his neck, afraid that he might let her go.

It was funny how she realized that tears had somehow become her companion.

"Plea..se don't l-let go." Her chin wobbled as she placed it on his shoulder.

"You are fine, Anna," Andreas whispered and he hugged her closer to his body and placed a feathery kiss on her shoulder.

He didn't pull her out of the pool and stayed by the corner with her. When Lise caught hold of her breathing, he slowly pulled away trying to face her only for her to hold onto him and shake her head vigorously.

"No. Don't please." She cried out desperately.

"I won't," he assured her. And as if Annalise believed his words, he removed her arms from around his neck and pulled them apart from a little.

He looked into her deep green eyes and her clattering teeth. Her lips shivered and so did her tiny body. A few strands of her hair stuck onto her face. Moving her hair from her face and tucking it behind her ear, he kissed her blue and cold lips, instantly stopping her teeth from clattering.

Annalise who was already very shaken up by the incident, didn't care and just stayed still, clutching onto his shirt, which was now sticking to his body because of the water.

She didn't like it. In fact, she had come to hate him kissing but she did nothing to push him away. She was sure that if she tried to push him away, he would let go of her.

Andreas on the other hand loved it when her lips melted perfectly against his. Her sweet scent of lilies enveloped him and he kissed her deeply. The kiss wasn't just any kiss, it showed his dire need and unhealthy obsession towards this girl he held captive.

It was carnal and purely that. That is what he told himself. But it was more than just that. The girl had brought out emotions he had never experienced. Jealousy, anger, hate, and resentment were something he thought he would never feel towards a woman.