14

His head tilted slightly towards the left as he closed his eyes momentarily and clenched his jaw while balling his hands into fists.

The little teen’s slap was just like an ant sting on his cheek but still, she dared to slap him.

He was forcing her to eat the food because he had mixed up sedatives in it. Yes, he wanted her asleep. Some rest before she could bear his wrath. Andreas wasn’t normal and he had made it quite clear with his actions.

He knew she had crossed the line and he had to make sure she learns her limits. Learns it good that it has been practically imprinted in her brain and would never forget it.

Technically speaking, the national bank wasn’t the first bank that was robbed nor Andreas and his mafia were the only ones who robbed. There have been several robberies and several mafia and non-mafia gangs, who have stolen from the government or any illegal and legal money for that matter. So many people have also previously been held hostage.

But, none of them have been kidnapped or threatened for sanely and bravely calling the cops. That is what defined Andreas’s craziness. If he had stopped there and let the girl go, it would be easy, wouldn’t it?

Like any other robber or mafia he was enraged but here’s the thing, he didn’t know how to keep his anger in check. He always gave in to his rage and let it act on his behalf. And anyone who knew Andreas knew that they should stay miles away from the man, even when he wasn’t raging like a bull.

But poor Lise wasn’t so lucky. Her disability didn’t let her walk or move even a single toe and she was now one of the victims of Andreas’s rage or… hate perhaps would be the right word.

Snapping his eyes open, he slowly turned his eyes to meet her emerald ones.

While his eyes were as if lit on fire, her green ones were brimming with tears.

He just stared at them for a second or so, mesmerized at how beautiful they looked but that was only until he snapped.

Dropping the plate, crashing it on the floor, not caring about the food that spilled all over the food, he took a small step towards the girl and gripped her hair in his fist.

Jerking her face backward and making her sit on the edge of the bed, almost falling, he moved his face closer to her.

“How dare you,” he sneered. Annalise flinched and snapped her eyes shut. She couldn’t dare to look into his eyes which were raging fire.

“You bitch.” He pulled her closer till she was upright and this time, he did nothing to support her little body. Her legs gave out underneath her and she stood in an uncomfortable position. Her hair was pulled into his fist and practically pulled out of her scalp.

A loud whimper leaves her as Andreas pulls her upright to meet his eyes but who was he kidding, the girl couldn’t even stand still and upright.

“Annalise.” His voice came out as a mockery. The deep gruff in his voice made her insides churn in discomfort.

“I guess you can wait for me,” something in his voice made her snap her eyes and crane her neck. She looked at him through her thick lashes as if searching for what he was about to do next.

Without a warning, he pushed her back on the bed, making her fragile body bounce off as soon as she hit the mattress. She blinked through her tears for some time as she noticed him walk back. His shoulders were rigid and he slammed the door shut and made sure he locked it, so she couldn’t escape. Not that she could escape without being spotted anyway.

An unknown dread crawled into her bones. She by now, had realized that Andreas was an unpredictable man. She could never anticipate what he was going to do next.