19

Lise just sat by the edge of the window on a small bench by it. Sheila had helped her wash her face some time ago and now she just waited for Sheila to return so that she can come and help her take a bath.

She was lost looking at the reddish-yellow sky. The time when the sunset, the skies looked absolutely beautiful. Gorgeous.

It was then Lise realized that how beautiful a simple and everyday thing as looking at the sky could be. It was absolutely breathtaking. She had seen many of her classmates put up sky images on social media but she never really bothered, dismissing it as something boring, but it was only now she realized its beauty.

A soft click was heard and Lise snapped her head to the door. It was Sheila who entered with a small smile on her face.

Lise just stared at her face emotionlessly.

Sheila noticed the trail of dried tears on Lise cheek, indicating she had cried not long before. She couldn’t look at the girl like that, it hurt her. “Ready for a bath?” Sheila asked her with the smile still intact. She tried cheering up the girl but Lise was too upset to be cheered by Sheila.

Annalise just nods her head and Sheila walks closer to her and snakes one of her arms around the back of her neck. She holds her torso with her other hand and takes her to the tub, which she had filled the water in.

Sheila helped her undress and lowered her into the warm water that she had specially prepared with some rose-scented bath bombs and essential oils.

Lise sighs as she relaxes her body under the bubbles and leans her head back. The warm water seeped through her skin easing some of the pains Andreas had caused her.

She had noticed how bruises had formed on her jaw, wrist, and the back of her neck on the mirror in the room and in the bathroom. Andreas never paid any attention to how she winced or how much it hurt her, when he manhandled her.

“I’ll come after sometime,” Sheila told Lise and she just nodded in return. Sheila walked out closing the door behind her.

Sheila wanted to give the girl some relaxing time for herself before the devil returns.

Lise closed her eyes, enjoying the few moments of peace she would get because something in her told her that Andreas would come back to torment her.

Sheila walked to the kitchen and stood behind the counter and looked at the empty pan before her, which she laid out to cook something for Lise.

She had decided to confront Andreas about his treatment towards the girl. She wouldn’t have taken that step of confronting her boss if not for the ugly bruises she had seen on the girl's pale skin. The girl was numb as if immune to any other things as she insisted to sut by the window and stare out almost everyday.

The breakdown Annalise had was too much for Sheila. She was herself a mother and looking at the young girl unsettled her. The pain in her eyes was too much.

She knew how ruthless Andreas was and this was just wrong on his part to keep a young girl captive and hurt her. She still didn’t understand what possible harm she could even cause Andreas. Threatening her might have been enough but he had to abduct her and only God knew what he was doing to her.

Despite forcing Annalise, she hadn’t said a single thing to Sheila. She was just bottling up everything inside of her but Sheila being the observant lady, had noticed all the bruises and the nail marks on her skin.

Not to mention, Annalise was disabled and he didn’t even give her the equipment to move around.

She quickly whipped up some food for Annalise and shifted it to a plate. She covered that up when the car drew in the basement. She knew that Andreas had returned back.