37

Anna looked out the window expectantly, waiting for that one person to arrive. Her stomach jittered in nervousness and her heart kept beating loud but she didn't take it in a negative way. Instead, she was hoping for something good.

She had rehearsed it again and again as to how to go about this entire ordeal.

First, greet and welcome him home.

Second, help him with the food and sit with him.

Third, let him take her to her room.

Fourth, pop the question.

Viola! Four simple steps. If it was any other day, she would lock herself in her room before he even came but not today. He had forced Annalise a lot to sit with him during dinner and greet him but she did none of it. The girl may have been young but she had too much pride in her to dance exactly the way Andreas wanted her.

She was waiting in the living room. She sat by the large French windows looking at the glass, waiting for one of his cars to pull in.

And as soon as she saw the black range rover roll in, a smile made it up to her lips as she quickly moved to the door and did some scrambling to open the door.

Andreas on the other hand who was walking in with his laptop in his hands paused and raised his head to see the door open. Something highly unusual because he usually rang two bells before someone opened it for him.

Now the bell ringing had been embedded into his brain and he couldn't believe that someone had opened it before the two rings. The itch in his palms made him wanna punch something. What else could a man with severe OCD issues do?

He stood still and took a few deep breaths to calm himself down. His senses were going haywire. He knew he had to control. He didn't need to ring the bell twice for someone to open the door for him. But everyone knew he'd ring the bell twice, who could do this?

As he raised his head, he saw Anna move from behind the door. His brows itched in a frown as he looked at her. There was no denying that despite the fact that she was just wearing pajamas, her long and creamy things looked inviting from those barely ass-covering shorts.

Her white top, stretched across her tiny breasts, making him want to do nothing more than throw her on the bed and fuck her senses out but he didn't act on his feelings and studied her.

He knew that Annalise wouldn't even look at his face let alone open the door for him. What was going on?

She noticed his scrutinizing gaze passed a hesitant smile.

Andreas walked to her and kicked the door close whilst prompting Anna to move her wheelchair backward. She looked at him with those big sparkly eyes and licked her lips.

Andreas was stunned but didn't say anything and walked in before pausing for a brief second. Annalise was quick to follow his suit.

He went straight to his bedroom and while thinking about Annalise's weird behavior, he showered. Yes, it bothered him to see a rather scared girl open the door for him or move behind him.

He quickly changed into his house clothes and walked down to see Annalise. She passed him a small smile but he dismissed it and walked towards the dinner table.

There were days when he imagined Annalise smiling at him, welcoming him but when it was happening he just didn't know how to react. Being the suspicious person he was, he wondered if she had an ulterior motive behind this.

Since Andreas had never been loved or cherished he never knew how to react to people smiling at him or being nice to him.

Sex, money, and drugs.
That is all he drowned himself in. He neither knew the bright side of the world nor wanted to. He lived in dark and thrived in the dark. He loved it in the dark.