42

Annalise was cleared and sent back. She had been super quiet about anything that had happened that night. Andreas had tried talking to her multiple times about it but no response.

She wanted to meet her mother. She was craving for her mother. No one was able to understand her. May might have been the one that paralyzed her but she was still an amazing mother to her child. And Andreas was trying to get to the bottom of how Anna was paralyzed.

Anna was slipping into depression with every passing day. And she couldn't share her pain with anyone and she knew Andreas would kill her if she asks something.

She made no demands. She partially ate whatever was given to her. Kitty and Sheila tried coaxing her to eat more but she didn't.

More than all, the conversation she had with Elijah scared her more. Just before everyone had entered her room in the hospital, Elijah had visited her.

"You will live if you keep your mouth shut."

He had threatened her and she was already vulnerable and caved in.

She sat on the couch with a book on her lap. She had asked kitty to pluck some flowers from the garden and held them close to her chest as she stared at the pretty pink book with a fancy feather pencil.

There was a small knock on the door and Annalise snapped her head towards the door. There was a second pause before Andreas entered the room. His white shirt was wrinkly his sleeves were rolled up to his elbows.

His face looked tired and his hair fell over his eyes. Anna gulped but didn't say anything or tried to move. She averted her gaze and focused it back on the flowers she held in her hand.

"Tuberose."

His voice was soft and gentle as he moved closer to her with small steps. She stroked the flowers and didn't respond to him.

He shoved his hands in his pocket and sighed. He had known there was an unknown fear in her eyes and he had tried asking her about that night repeatedly but she didn't even utter a single syllable.

He moved to the couch by the window and crouched before her. She looked as ethereal as ever. Her honey-brown hair cascaded down and she wore a light blue headband, whose long pieces of fabric that fell down her hair.

She wore an ankle-length dress. And had transparent chapstick on. He knew the flavor. It was honey. She used that Burts bee a lot.

"Anna. My angel. How are you?" He asked as he brushed some of her hair behind her ear and looked at her. Annalise flinched at his softness and looked at him. Their eyes met and this wasn't usual.

He didn't look ruthless or intimidating.

He looked vulnerable. He was trying to hide something.

It was grey against green.

Their ways of living may be different but at the end of the day, they were still vulnerable and craved love.

"You like tuberose?" His eyebrow tilted upward for a slight second before he brought back his unreadable face.

"Yes."

"I like them too." He said. "Did you eat?"And Anna just hummed.

"I have something to talk to you about." She looked at him keenly as she clutched the flowers for safety like they would save her from this monster.

"I was told you could walk again." He slowly took the news to her.

"W-what?"

"Yes. Some treatment and therapy would get you walking." And that was all it was and a single tear of joy rolled down her cheek.