46

Lise's eyes fluttered open and she peered her eyes open to take in the familiar room. It was Liam's room. She got up and moved back till her back rested against the headboard. She looked around at Liam sitting on the armchair in the corner, with his head hung down.

As soon as he noticed she was up, he ran towards her and embraced her in a warm hug. Lise was taken aback as she didn't reciprocate and just sat still. Liam parted from her and looked at her and sat down beside her.

The thoughts came rushing back to her.

Liam excusing to use the men's room.

She collided with Andreas.

Her freezing.

Him smiling at her.

Her legs gave up on her.

Her stomach dropped.

And finally passing out.

Everything.

She looked at Liam and he stared at her intently and held her hand, to reassure her she was safe.

"What happened Lise?" He asked her and Lise just blinked at him.

Was it a bad dream? Because clearly, she was in his room, in Liam's house. It was nothing out of the ordinary. She had been living here for the past two years. She had her own room obviously but she was familiar with his room.

"Liam," she whispered and looked at him. There was an eerie fear in her voice.

"Liam I saw him! I saw him Liam!" She began panicking and moving backward on the bed. Her body started convulsing and tears rolled down her eyes.

She was the same vulnerable Lise again.

One sight of Andreas and down the gutter is all the courage she had worked on for two years.

No one would blame her though, Andreas had done some inhumane thing to that girl. It was only human for her to react that way.

"Who Lise? Who?!" Liam asked moving closer to her. He was freaking out looking at her like this but he had to stay calm. At least for now to help her, he had to stay calm. He can't freak out and scare her more.

"Liam! I saw him!" She screamed her lungs out and hit the headboard behind her and slapping her hands in the air.

"Lise please call down."

"Who did you see?"

"Lise"

He moved closer to her trying to hold her but she began slapping her harder and hitting him a few times.

"ANNALISE" He yelled loudly and she froze. He moved closer and held her shoulders on either side and looked deep into her eyes.

"Calm down. It's just me. No one is going to hurt you here. You are safe." As soon as those words left his mouth Lise hugged him like her life depended on him. He was pushed back a little losing his balance but he didn't mind.

"I am sacred." He sobbed into his chest. Looking at her so sacred and little, broke his heart.

She deserved so much better. She couldn't even hurt a fly for her to deserve smooch trauma.

"Andreas."

"I saw Andreas." Her voice came out small and almost a whisper and her sobs grew thicker.

Dread crawled up Liam's spine. He froze for a fraction of a second before pulling her tiny body close to him and resting his chin on her head.

"I am sacred." She cried.

"Shh... shh. I am here. I am right here. I won't let anything happen to you. I won let anything evil come close to you." He said and pecked her hairline. Lise buried into his chest and her sobs grew thicker and thicker. Anna just closed her eyes as her mascara smeared across her lashes and down her chin.

Liam just kept running his hand through her hair and reassuring her she was safe and nothing was going to happen t her till he was there by her side. He also told her he would always be by her side. He wouldn't let her go. He was always just a call away.

After what seemed like an hour and a half, he saw Lise sleep in his arms.

He slowly placed her back on the bed and got up straightening his jacket when he felt a light tug on his left sleeve.

"Please don't go," Annalise whispered with her eyes closed and her face buried into the pillow.

Liam looked at her with utmost affection before sliding his shoes out and removing his jacket, he slowly pushed Anna aside to lay down next to her.

Annalise held his arm closer to her body and fell asleep. She breathed a sigh of relief as Liam lay next to her. Liam looked at the woman he loved. His eyes shone with affection.

He knew Andreas was alive and he never died in the first place to begin with.

And he had done everything in his power to keep him away from Annalise. He knew Andreas had lost his mind. Andreas was crazily obsessed with Annalise. He wouldn't blame Andreas. Anna was like that. Her innocence would drive any man wild.

He had seen how possessive Andreas had gotten over time. And when they rescued Anna from that hellhole., Liam had seen how crazy he was about her. He was dying but was still worried about her.

And he knew

Annalise opened her eyes only to be welcomed by darkness. She fluttered her eyelids open. What was going on? Where was she? She clearly remembered falling asleep in Liam's room. But this room was pitch black.

"Liam?"

"Liam this is not funny." She said with a nervous smile as dread crawled up her spine. She was scared as shit.

"Liam please." She said only to get up but fall back down.

She panicked when she heard the chains clank. She pulled on her wrist and ankles to realize they had been cuffed together.

No!

Liam wouldn't do that to her, would he?

Absolutely not but what was happening?

"Liam!" She yelled and the door flew open.

She squinted her eyes as the bright light hit her. She peered her eyes open a second later to look At the tall farm of a man. With the bright light, she couldn't make out who it was.

As he began walking in, the sound of his shoes hitting the floor scared her even more. She looked up and the lights flashed on.

She blinked her eyes for a few seconds and her mouth hung open as the man bent down and placed a hand tuner her chin, closing her mouth shut.

He leaned down and pressed his lips against hers.

"Welcome back, Angel." He said and parted and her eyes bore into the grey depths of the pool but this time, they shone with a very different kind of madness in them.

look who's back?? Our Favourite toxic man!!  I am so excited for future updates. Comment, vote, and follow!

 Comment, vote, and follow!