16

Annalise looked past the man's shoulder for cold shivers to run down her spine.

Andreas who had come to take something he had forgotten was shocked to see his brother and Annalise this close. Not that it mattered who Lise was around, she could be a cheap hooker or whore for all he cared, seeing Elijah in his house and around his prey shot into his bones. The hate he held for his brother was undeniably more.

"Brother," Elijah straightened up and looked at him. A vicious smirk appeared on his face at the sight of Andreas.

"How are you?" Elijah spoke, buttoning the front two buttons of his suit jacket.

"What the fuck are you doing here?" Andreas wasn't welcoming or gentle. His words were rude and full of spite.

"Tsk, am I not allowed to meet my brother now?" Elijah shrugged his shoulder playfully but that smirk was still plastered on his face.

"Get out. Now!" Andreas's voice boomed making Lise flinch in her seat.

"Brother, you are scaring the girl," Elijah mocked looking over his shoulder at Lise, whose eyes remained cast down.

"Elijah if you don't want to be kicked out, leave right now," Andreas warned him as he stepped before him and Lise, pushing Elijah back.

"Protective I see." Elijah quirked his brow up and tilted his head to look at Lise.

"Elijah."

"Is she your new... side—" he didn't get to finish and Andreas forced Lise up to her feet by her arm?

"You really think a girl like her could be my chick?" Andreas looked down at Lise while he uttered those words in pure disgust.

"Really?" Elijah asked in sheer curiosity.

"A beautiful girl like her cannot be your chick?" Elijah nudged his already furious brother.

"Fuck off now"

"Nah, not when you have something so interesting in your house." Elijah just provoked Andreas. Andreas wrapped a hand around Lise's small waist when he noticed her hanging down from the hold of his arm. As he removed his hand from her arm, he noticed how red and bruising it had turned to be.

"So, she isn't your chick, then what is she doing here?"

A soft whimper escapes Lise which was only audible to Andreas but ignoring that, he tightens his hold on her.

"Leave before I kick you out bastard," Andreas warns again. He really was not in a mood to hit Elijah or anyone for that matter.

"Still the same sick bastard," Elijah laughs trying to cause as much harm as he could with his words because he knew his brother wasn't really good when it came to managing his anger.

"What did you just call me?"

Andreas looked at Elijah but when an audible whimper was heard, Andreas, looked at the girl in his arms. She was struggling under his harsh hold. Without thinking much, he loosened his hold on her and held her with just enough pressure to hold her upright securely.

"Elijah out." Andreas declared.

Lise heaved a breath of relief and leaned into his touch, a stark contrast to his prior harsher one. Andreas looked down at her frail body in his arms and something flicked in his eyes. The look of desperation, helplessness, and support in her eyes made him wanna do something to her. Something sinful and lustful.

He looked down at her gorgeous emerald eyes, which were shining under the many silver and golden lights. Her hair appeared shiny and her eyes remained downcast but still visible to Andreas's eyes. He noticed the way she gulped and how the tiny bob in her throat was visible.