Chapter Ten

Rayden

I walk to the table with Olivia's hand in mine and pull up a chair for her to sit next to me. The guys start whistling and hollering again, and I roll my eyes at them.

"Hey, you two, if you're going to stay here, keep the noise down. Some of us actually want to get some sleep," Captain Winters says.

I look at Olivia and she turns red. "At least someone's getting some action!" Conner yells across the table.

"Aww boo hoo, does little Conner need a piece of ass," Jason teases.

Everyone at the table starts laughing, and Conner throws some rice at him. "Shut up Jay," he says before looking our way, and pointing his fork at Olivia. "I might just try to steal Ray's piece of ass over there."

"Oooooo!" they all yell. Liv looks at me as I smirk at her and wink. Her face reddens even more.

"Nah, you're good dude. She's spoken for, but you can try if you want."

"Oohhh shittt... it's a competition!" the guy's yell. We all start laughing, but we all know Conner would never. He's my boy, and there's a guy code. Plus, we joke like this all the time.

"Wow!" We all hear the voice coming from the door and turn to see Chelsea. "You're defending her now? You slap the shit out of her. Made a scene on the 4th and now she's spoken for? By you?" She starts laughing. "Unbelievable," she says, turning on her heel and walking out.

The team gets quiet, and I stand looking at Liv. She nods her head, and I walk out after Chelsea.

I catch up to her and grab her arm to stop her. "Chels wait," she yanks her arm from my grasp.

"No Rayden. What the hell?"

"It's not what you think." She starts laughing again.

"You're just full of classics, aren't you? I'm not blind Rayden, I see the markings on your neck. I see the way you look at her."

"I didn't say you were blind Chels."

"No, but you think I'm naive... right? To stay with you while you're in love with someone else?"

"I didn't expect you to, I just didn't know how to tell you Chels. I didn't want to hurt you."

"So fucking someone else behind my back was you trying to not hurt me?" I sigh, knowing there's no excuse for cheating. "Don't even bother trying to explain Rayden. I just came here because I called you a bunch of times trying to let you know I was grabbing all my shit from the apartment. But clearly you were too busy shacking up with her to answer your damn phone," she says, pointing behind me.

I look back to see Olivia and Jason standing in the doorway with their arms crossed. My eyes meet Liv's, and I turn back to Chelsea. "I'm sorry."

"Don't be. I'm sorry for ever falling in love with your sorry ass knowing you could never return that love. I was so fucking stupid." She says more to herself than to me.

"You weren't stupid." I try to reason. She walks up to me, and her eyes meet mine as her hands grasp my face.

"I desperately want to fight for you. I want to shout at you and tell you how much I hate you for cheating on me. For never breaking up with me despite knowing you didn't feel the same way. But no matter how upset I am with you right now; I am even more angry with myself. I'm angry with myself for not believing you two years ago when you said you'd never love me the same way. I'm angry because I thought I could change that about you. I was naive, and I wanted to believe I could change you, regardless of all the evidence to the contrary... I'm sorry I couldn't be good enough for you," she whispers.