Chapter Thirty

Rayden

When the party's over, we all get into our vehicles and head to the hospital to see Olivia. Once there, they all stay outside the door as I go in first to see her. I smile at her beauty and how big the twins have gotten. I sit next to her bed and run my fingers through her hair. "Hi, baby girl... I brought the whole family to see you today."

I grip her hand and rub a small circle into it. "The house was completed. It has everything you ever dreamt of... Do you remember when I was 13, and you were 14? We'd..." I start to chock up. "we would write in your diary everything we wanted to do when we got older." I start chuckling through the tears

"Get married... Check. Go on an amazing honeymoon... Check. Build a home together... you might not help build it... But technique neither did I, so I won't hold you to it." I smile and kiss her hand, continuing the list.

"Have kids... That's about to be a check, but... You are not here to do that with me, and I will hold that against you. Liv, I have cried and been sad. I have begged and pleaded for you to come back. But I have barely touched on rage. You Promised me Forever and Always, and this is barely that! You leave me for five years! Come back and leave for two months! Just to fucking leave me for six months right after! I'm tired of being sad, Olivia. I am tired of crying!" I scream, standing up and yanking the blanket off of her body.

"It's time that you wake up" I stare at her limp body and start pounding my fist on the side of the bed. "DAMN IT, OLIVIA, WAKE THE HELL, UP!" I fall over and lay my head against her chest, sobbing into her gown, but something touches my face, and I shoot up to look at her.

"What is all this yelling?"

"Oh my god! Olivia!" I start smiling and laughing through the tears. I kiss all over her face and run out the door calling for Macy. The rest of the family piles in the room in just as much shock as I am. "She's awake, Macy. She just woke up out of nowhere/"

Macy walks over to her shining a light in her eyes. "Olivia, squeeze my hands," she does, and I smile.

"What is going on? Why is everyone in here crying? And Rayden, why the hell were you yelling at me?" They all start laughing. I get onto the bed, scooting her over and holding her close to me. I pull her into a gentle kiss, and she smiles into it.

"Baby, you have been in a coma."

"A COMA WHAT THE FUaaaaaaaaaaaa" she hold onto her stomach screaming.

"Olivia, what is it?" Macy asks in a panic, and I move out of bed, scared that I might have done something.

"My stomaaaaaaaccchhhh it hurtssssss" she starts to breathe heavy and fast.

"Okay, calm down look at me. What does it feel like?" Macy asks and lifting the blanket slightly and we all see the sheets beneath her soaked.

"Aaaaahhhh like I needed to pushhhhh," she continues to scream as sweat drips down her face.

"Push?" my mother asks. Macy puts her head under Olivia's gown.

"Shit. The babies are coming right now! Page OB," she says to the nurse. "I'm not sure how long ago her water broke but she is completely dilated."

"Right now? She still has almost eight weeks left. How is this possible." My mother asks.

"Multiples tend to come earlier than a single baby. My guess is she was already having contractions before she woke out of the coma, and her body never registered them. Alright, I need everyone out now. We have some babies on the way."

They all smile and start shuffling out. I push Olivia forward slightly, tossing her pillows on the floor and scooting behind her to help. She leans back on me, and I wipe her sweat off her forehead moving her hair to the side. "Macy, how is this happening? I'm only 2 months pregnantttttttt" she yells in pain again.

Macy and I look at each other "Liv, you've been in a coma for six months."

"I what?" she screams again as Macy lifts the gown above her knees and puts her legs up.

"I do not have time to wait for OB, Liv. I'm going to need you to push for me." She looks at her and backs up to me like she's trying to calculate in the midst of all of this. She starts shaking her head frantically. "What do you mean no Olivia. The babies are coming. You have to," she screams again.

"No, I can't! If it has only been six months since I've been in a coma, they aren't ready! No, they can't come out yet. It's too early!" Macy gives me a look with pleading eyes knowing she won't listen to her.

I place my hands gently on her forehead and lean her back to me. I kiss the side of her face before whispering in her ear. "Baby girl, I know you are scared. And I know none of this makes sense to you right now. But they are 32 weeks now. They are ready to come. I need you to push for me, please."

Tears run down her face "okay," she whispers and groans to the pain.

"That's it, Olivia, push," she does, and within minutes the first baby is out and wailing loudly. "It's a girl" I smile and watch as a nurse takes the tiny baby away to clean it.

Pain shoots into my hands as Olivia feels the pain again. "I feel the other one," she says, panting.

"I see the head. Okay, are you ready to push again?" Liv nods her head, and I smile at how strong she is.

She continues to push, and the second baby comes out, but there is no crying. Macy hands the baby to the nurse and tells another one to take her position in front of Olivia. The OB finally comes in and goes over to where they are.

"Macy, what's going on? Why isn't the baby crying." She doesn't answer me, and I start to panic. Olivia is drained in front of me, but her eyes never leave the tiny human. We hear them talking in the corner of the room and surrounding the baby. Soon second wails are heard, and I relax, and Olivia does the same.

Macy turns and smiles at us. "It's ... a boy."

"A boy?" Liv questions and it catches my attention.

"Okay, Miss Olivia," the nurse says as she presses down onto Liv's stomach, "I need you to give me one last big push to get the placenta out." She does as told and pushes.

They roll both babies out in a covered incubator, and Olivia and I just sit there watching. She relaxes her back into my chest and holds her against me. She has uncontrollable shakes that make me hold her tighter.

"You are the strongest woman I know," she smiles.

"I love you, Rayden," she says out of breath.

I start quietly crying against her hair, "I love you too, Olivia, so much."

"Thank you for calling me back to the light," was all she said before slowly drifting to sleep.