Chapter Nineteen

Olivia

The sound of my breathing is the only thing that fills my ears. I adjust my earbud and continue crawling through the hot, tight air vent.

"Okay, you're right over the nurse station. Do it now," I hear Todd's voice in my ear. I pull out the hacking device and look down at the monitor sitting on the nurse station through the slits of the vent cover.

The small light on the device turns from green to red, and I know I've successfully shut the monitor in her room and all the cameras on the floor down without anyone noticing. "Okay it's done, keep moving. Her room is straightforward and to the left."

I place the device in my pocket and do as Todd says. I reach the vent right above her room and look through the vent to observe for a second. I see nobody else in the room with her but see the shadows of two men guarding her door. I quietly unscrew the vent flap and slowly let it down. On the bed lies Nazarena González, in a coma from the injuries. I position myself over the opening and lower myself to the ground without making too much noise.

I adjust my holster and stand straight up, making my way to her, and smirking at her almost lifeless body. "I'm going to enjoy this, bitch. You took my life away for 5 fucking years. Hunted me down like I was prey. Well, I'd like to return the favor."

"You have 4 minutes to get out of there Liv. More of her men just entered the building and are on their way to her room now," Todd says.

"Good, I only need 3." I grab the pillow from behind her head and place it over her face, pressing down as hard as I could. Her weak body starts trying to fight back as a natural instinct, but soon she falls back down, going completely limp. I smile at myself, proud of my work, but as I'm about to climb back up into the vent, the door starts to open. Killing her was never the hard part of this mission. It's getting past her men.

"Shit!" I grab a single wire connected to the machine and run behind the door staying out of sight. When they come in and close the door, I wrap the cord around one of their necks while kicking the other into the bed. The guard struggling in my grasp tries to get away, while the other pulls out his gun, but I kick it out of his hands before he gets a chance to shoot. He looks at me pissed and puts up his fist ready to fight.

I smirk and hold the wire tight for a few more seconds, ensuring the guard is out of breath before releasing him. He falls to the floor, gasping for air as the second guy starts throwing punches. I dodge every one of them, then send a blow to his rib. He hangs over, and I knee his head causing him to fall back to the floor.

The first guy finally regains enough energy to get up and pulls his gun out to try and shoot me, but I grab it and twist my shoulder into him, pointing it at his partner and pulling the guy's finger. A loud bang is heard, and I grab the gun, turning around and shooting the first guy in the head.

"Liv! You need to get out of there, more of her guys are coming."

"You don't think I know that, Todd." Shit, liv think! There's only one way out of here.

"Agent Olivia if you're thinking what I think you're thinking... don't do it. Go back the way you came in," I hear Agent Lacey's voice.

The doorknob starts to turn, and I know it's more of her men coming in. "There's no time Lacey. Have a car waiting at the back of the hospital in 20 minutes. If I'm not out by then... leave."

"You can't take her whole team out on your own!" she yells into my ear.

"Watch me," I say, yanking the piece out of my ear and shoving it into my pocket.

Two more men come in with their guns drawn, but I shoot both in the chest before they have a chance. I drop the man's gun that I had and grab my own out of its holster.

I scope out the hallway before walking out into its chaos. Everyone is running around frantically, frightened from the gunshots. Three men are coming out of the elevator, and I start making my way out of the room before they see me. I get past the nursing station and shoot two of the guys in front of the elevator, but one escapes. He hides behind a post, shooting his gun out in the open.

Thankfully, most people have escaped, and only objects are being destroyed in the crossfire. I see him through the glass, and I aim to shoot him. I run towards him and, with no remorse, shoot him in the head. I get to the stairwell and stop before entering. The fucking cameras on the bottom floor. Shit

I enter the stairwell just as more men get off the elevator and a nurse runs by frantically. I grab her fast. "Give me your white coat now." she nods her head and takes it off. I drop my mag and insert new rounds.

Once I hit the bottom floor, I stop before opening the door. I look over to one of the cameras and see it start to turn downwards, and the light on it turns red. Thank you Todd. He switches off all the cameras on the floor, and I walk out. Just as I do, I'm met with the last of her men. The 5 of them surround me. "Just hand yourself over and nobody gets hurt."

"You lying sack of shit, you don't think I know who you are."

"You're going to regret this."

"Correction, I'm going to enjoy this." I give him a sinister grin as he comes forward to grab me. He throws punches, and I grab his fist throwing him back as another one comes to try and grab me. I kick him in the side of his leg before watching him fall to the ground and kicking him in the head.

I grab the first belt loop, pulling it out and putting number 3 in a chokehold. I flip him over, and I hear a crack in his neck. Well, there's one down. The first guy finally pulls out his gun, but before he can shoot, I grab it and turn it to his head, pulling the trigger. 3 more to go.

I drop his gun, not really feeling like killing the last 3 just yet. They jump around in front of me, each trying to get a punch in, but I dodge every attempt. From the corner of my eye, I see a medical tray and grab it banging number 4 in the head. He falls to the ground, probably passed out from the hard blow.

The last two look at me with fear in their eyes, and I just shrug at them and smile. 4 pulls his gun out, trying to wuss out of fighting me, but I pull my weapon fast and shoot his gun, pinging it as it falls out of his hands. I smile and shoot him in the chest.

The 5th guy looks at me and turns to run away. "Oh no you don't." I shoot him in the back and watch as he falls like a lump of coal. "Told you I'd enjoy this," I say to nobody in specific.

I stand over each of their bodies, shooting them in the head, ensuring there is no one left to identify me. I place the gun back into my holster and walk out of the building.

The car pulls up, and I get in. "What the fuck were you thinking?" Lacey yells at me.

"I was thinking I didn't want to be chased my whole life if they ever found out who I was. You're welcome, I just took out an entire cartel. Without anyone finding out who I was."

She shakes her head and drives away.