Chapter Twenty-Five

Rayden

We are finally back in Miami, tanner than when we left. The honeymoon was amazing, and I was glad Liv and I got to spend so much time together alone before we got back to our family and work.

Right now, I am getting dressed because Olivia said she wanted to have a romantic dinner and that there was something she had to tell me. I look at myself in the mirror, like what I see, and smile.

She comes out of the bathroom, and my jaw drops at how gorgeous she looks. She's wearing a v neck orange dress that tightens around her waist and then flares out, with her straightened hair flowing down her back. I smiled at how beautiful she is.

"Wow," is all I can get out.

"Thank you," she blushes as I pull her to me and kiss her cheek.

"Can't we just stay in, and you tell me what it is as I stroke into you over... and over... and over again," I groan.

She chuckles and shakes her head. "No Ray! Are you ready? Because I am."

I nod my head to her, pouting but following her out the door. We make it to the car, and I open the door for her. She gets in, and I close the door running to the other side. I start the engine, and pull out of the parking lot, heading towards the restaurant. The music is blaring, and we're both singing at the top of our lungs. I look at her smirking, as a foul smell travels through the air of the car.

"Rayden! What the hell!" she screams and tries to roll down the window, but I lock it from my side.

She looks around frantically trying to find something to cover her nose. As she pulls my hoodie from the back seat, I am dying laughing at her. But I feel bad when she gives me puppy dog eyes, so I roll her window down.

She starts panting for air outside the window, and when the smell is all gone, she closes it and turns back to me. I turn down the music. "Rayden, you're disgusting," she says, hitting my arm.

"OW! I'm sorry. It's natural, I can't help it sometimes." She rolls her eyes but still gives me that smile I love. "I was thinking."

She looks at me but doesn't speak. "I was wondering if you wanted to get a place together?"

"We already have a place."

"No, I don't mean the apartment... an actual house? I thought my apartment was fine when you were gone, but now I want a home that is ours. To start our marriage and our family in."

She smiles. "I'd like that." I take her hand, kissing her palm.

"Good. But you know you'll have to smell my gas even more, right?"

She yanks her hand and starts pushing my arm away. "You're so nasty, Rayden."

"You have to love all of me woman."

"I dooooo," she yells, and we both continue laughing as she continues to slap my hand away.

As I turn to look over at her beautiful face, I see a bright light behind her coming straight for us. A split second was all it took for the vehicle to slam into us, and the last thing I hear is my wife's screams.

***

I regain consciousness as we're both being carried into the hospital, and I look to my right to see Olivia on a gurney. "Liv, baby, talk to me!"

Macy comes into view, rushing to the ambulance. "What do we have?" she asks the EMT.

"This one has multiple lacerations to the body and head with a possible broken rib, but she got the most of it," the man says, pointing to my wife. "Vehicle hit her side." Macy looks down at Olivia, and her eyes grow in the realization.

"Olivia?" she turns to me, "Fuck Rayden? Get them up to CT now! Call every doctor on staff, and I need you to call my wife asap." She grabs my gurney, and they start pushing us through the halls to our rooms to work on us.

"Olivia, baby, answer me," I scream as they take her.

"I'm here, Ray," she says, and tears start to form in my eyes as she gets pulled away.

"We are going to take care of her Rayden," I hear Macy's voice.

"This is all my fault Macy! I should have been paying attention," I say, trying to get up but falling back down in pain.

"Ray, you might have a broken rib, so I need you to lay down and allow us to do our job. We will take care of her"

"No! We were just supposed to go to dinner and have a good time! she said there was something she wanted to tell me! Please go help her Macy, you have too," I pleaded, grabbing her arm. She nods, and I let go as she walks out. I lay back down and allow the other doctors to work on me.

***

Olivia

Bright lights are shining above my head as it feels like the pressure of a ton of bricks. I reach my hand up to rub it, and blood coats my fingers. I want to panic, but my body won't move.

"Olivia, your body is in shock right now. Try not to move for me." I hear Macy's voice.

"Can you tell me your name?" I try to answer, but nothing comes out. "Okay, that's okay. Can you tell me what day it is? What about who your wife is?"

My name is Olivia, it is Friday, and my wife is Rayden.

I know the answers, but I can't say them. I feel as they cut the top of my dress open leaving me exposed, and my thoughts turn to my stomach. I reach up to touch my bare belly, and my mouth finally moves. "Babies," I whisper. I see Macy turn to me, and I grab her wrist with all my strength.

"What was that Liv?" she asks.

And I try to speak again. "My babies," I whisper to her as tears stream down my face.

"Olivia, are you pregnant?" she asks in a panic. I try to nod my head, and she starts to freak out. "Jane, pass me the Fetal Doppler!"

She does as Macy asks, and she squeezes gel on my belly before Mays puts the probe to listen. The room is noisy from them trying to help me so she can't find the heartbeat. "Can everyone shut up for a minute!" she yells.

Just when they get quiet, heartbeats are heard on the monitor. Macy smiles down at me with tears in her eyes, but I start to drift off. "Olivia?" I see her smile drop and feel the tug of her trying to wake me, but I can't respond. Darkness surrounds me. "Page OB now. Olivia, stay with me, Honey."

I'm trying too. I want to, but I can't. Something is pulling me away from the sound of the monitor, and no matter how hard I try to use the sound of my baby's heartbeat to pull me back, it's not enough as I fall deeper into the darkness.