XIII

"Have you found anything?"
Aria questioned the guard who sat across her in the throne room.

"It is safe to say he was killed but we have no clue how or who killed him"

The council was in a meeting and everyone looked pensive. Aria was tensed but she wasn't going to let anyone see that. Nothing of the sort had ever happened since she could remember. A member of the Queendom being killed without any clue who.

"What did you get out of his family?" She asked

"His beloved is still in shock. His daughter is just as clueless as we all are. Well, maybe a tad bit clueless than we are"

"Was there any recent disagreement, Kon?" Aria turned to the leader of Vampires in question.

"None that I heard of. The ones reported were resolved"

' Then what would cause such a thing?'
Aria wondered.

The rest of the meeting went by and she had zoned out almost half of the time. Her mind was buzzing with questions mainly who and why?

She just couldn't understand and she hated not having answers.

"Vasílissa". A voice called making her focus on the meeting once again.

" Kyría Dalcia".

"I was wondering when you're going to announce that you've found your mate". Dalcia asked with a smug grin.

Aria couldn't be more shocked at her mother's antics. She was a stubborn woman, yes but the way she acted since she found her mate was just surprising. A part of her would have found it hilarious if it wasn't affecting her so much.

"I believe there are other things to be discussed" Aria snapped.

"Actually, it's very important that we discuss that too. I'm sure everyone will agree with me"

There was a chorus of mumbled 'yes' from almost everyone in the throne room. Lina wasn't with her and that made her more tense than she'd usually be.

"There's nothing to discuss about it. I already have a chosen mate. He'll be crowned Vasiliás (king) of Ourà Fengàri in a few months." She announced in a voice that left no room for discussion.

Wordlessly,she rose gracefully, gathering her dress and headed outside the throne room. Murmurings were going on behind her as she left but she refused to let that bother her. She headed straight to Lina's room when she was out of the throne room.

Lina sat on her bed,her feet tucked beneath her and a book opened on her laps.

"Ismena". Lina closed shut the book and looked up at her sister.

Aria sat on the bed with a huff.

"Who pissed you off?" Lina asked when Aria laid back on the bed on her back, staring at the ceiling.

"Mother wants me to announce that I've found my mate"

"There must be some reason why she's hellbent on you ending up with the Àlfa of the Crescent Moon Pack. You know she only wants what's best for us. She just has a rather harsh way of showing it"

"I believe she wants the best for us but this is different. Disrespecting me infront of the council because of a mate I thought I wasn't supposed to have is a bit too much". Aria muttered.

"But if you keep denying the bond, it may land you in big trouble. You know that the bond is scared.". Lina advised.

" I keep wishing this is all a nightmare I'm meant to wake up from. Demitri is a werewolf; a traitor to Ourà Fengàri. Him and his kind were banished from the queendom centuries ago and accepting the bond could bring division amongst the people"