XVII

*
*
*

As Demitri walked through the woods on his way back to the pack,he saw a figure moving towards the Crescent Moon Pack; his pack but whoever it was didn't smell like a wolf. The person smelled like a witch or a fae. He walked faster with hopes of catching up with them and finding what they were doing on that borders of the Wolf pack but before he got close, the figure vanished into thin air making him curse. He would find out whoever it was.

"Where have?-". Meena stopped abruptly and sniffed the air.
Demitri rolled his eyes. His sister had met him in his house just to question him.

"Oh, you were with your mate?" Meena asked with a trail of amusement in her voice.

"Excuse me, Meena. I have to rest." He ignored her question and tried to move past her but she stood in his way.

"I smell her all over you, Demitri. Did she finally accept?"

"If you must know, she may hate me more than she ever did before". Demitri said and successfully moved past his sister.
He didn't regret touching his mate however what was eating him up was how she'd hate him when the effects of the post-heat that made her want him wears off. He always managed to fuck things up even when he said he'd work things out. He wasn't going to get his wolf any time soon if he kept fucking up.

"Stop saying that. Wolves and witches and vampires aren't on good terms but it doesn't mean she hates you so much". Meena tried to comfort him.

"You have no idea how she looks at me, Meena. I know when someone hates me". Demitri argued.

"So what are you going to do? Give up and be lost?" Meena questioned with a raised eyebrow.

"It's too late for that. I need Adonis"

"What do you mean by that? You have your wolf don't you?".

Demitri looked away from his sister but answered anyway.

"She sent him to sleep"

"Shit"

"Yeah, shit"

🌙🌙🌙🌙🌙🌙
Lina felt drained as she walked to Aria's wing. She didn't understand why she felt she sad when she realized she was supposed to administer Doukai's punishment. The reason was unknown to her but she guessed it was because she knew hurting him would definitely hurt her sister. And she would die before causing her sister pain.

She was surprised to find Aria sitting by her window, knees up her chest and her chin on her knees.

"Lina. Has the whipping ended already?".

"I'm sorry I couldn't. It would hurt me to hurt you in any way"

"Your whipping hurt a lot worse. I still regret it. I understand you would be performing your duty."

"I couldn't bring myself to do it."

"I understand you"

Lina stood watching her sister who stared outside the window. For the first time in a long time,they didn't know what to say to each other. Lina didn't want to bring up her mate or mark since that was probably the reason she looked so sad in the first place. The fates acted so unfair sometimes and none of them could understand why.

Aria turned when she couldn't take the silence anymore and caught her sister's eyes on her mark. Never in a million years did she think she'd ever be pitied by her sister. Even when the whole Queendom cast her pitiful looks whenever she went out to look for her mate and never found him after eighteen and many years after, Lina looked at her like a goddess. Maybe she was terribly doomed if the one person who always held pride for her suddenly pitied her.