XX

Aria took a deep breath and forced herself to push the two men away from each other with a flick of her index finger. They both groaned as the hit the walls of the room. She hadn't meant to cause them any pain but she agreed they deserved it a little.

They glared at each other from across the room

"I'll ask again. What's going on here?"
Still her mother and Dalcia refused to look at her.
Demitri had recovered from the pain and got up to stand beside her.

"Tell her". Doukai spat looking towards Dalcia and Kyria Celma who both shook their heads vigorously. Aria hadn't ever seen fear on her mother's face in her lifetime. Nor had she seen Kyria Celma so shaken by just two simple words. They looked scared and ready to do anything to avoid speaking. And that led her to assume whatever it was they were keeping from her was a big secret they probably swore to never speak of.

"Tell me what?" Aria fumed and instinctively, her mate looped an arm around her waist hoping to keep her calm for he knew what was coming.
Aria felt his arm and let it be as it was. She was too focused on whatever had caused them to throw punches to deny the calm his touch gave her.

"Tell her or I will!". Doukai boomed causing Kyria Celma to visibly flinch.

"Doukai, you can't. You promised". Kyria Celma pleaded

"And I'm no longer her chosen mate so I might as well tell her"

"This is all your fault Celma. You just couldn't keep a secret!". Dalcia accused her friend with a hot glare. For a moment, Kyria Celma looked hurt, tears brimming at the corners of her eyes but the hurt look disappeared as fast as it came and got replaced by an angry one.

"Would you keep quiet if you were in my shoes? Would you?" She shot back at Dalcia

"For Ourà Fengari I would"

"Easy for you to say since you got what you wanted. Took my of only source of happiness!"

"He was never yours to have. Besides it was a mistake. You were on a fruitless mission. You're even lucky I made you stay. "

"You think I didn't know? But what would you do if you were me? And don't you dare say you wouldn't do anything I did, Dalcia you'd do worse"

"Will anyone tell me what's going on?"
Aria shouted making the room go pin drop silent.

"Yes I will." Doukai answered

"No you won't. Doukai you've already caused enough trouble. Don't do this"

"And I've put up with enough shit for you, mother ". Doukai sneered causing Aria the gasp. Mother?
Doukai referred to the leader of the witch coven as mother but Kyria Celma had no child. Right?

"Doukai!" Kyria Celma shouted looking as if she was about to die.

"There's nothing more I have to lose. I can go to Duska and live a peaceful life away from all this"

"You can't run away from Thea Seleni's wrath, Kai. You're doomed " Dalcia said.

"It's not like I was the one who twisted fate with dark magic. I was just a child!".

"Kyria Celma". Aria called and she turned to look at her.
"You're going to tell me what this is all about without leaving any detail ". Aria stated with staring into her eyes.

"Shit ". Demitri muttered but she paid him no mind and walked towards the woman who had started talking so that they were just a few inches apart.

"I don't regret what I did. I only regret what it led to. I didn't know your bond with your mate would be so strong that you'd even come across each other. I wound your path and twisted your fate against the fates will with Doukai's. You were to rule together and never meet your true mate. Your mother convinced me to give up my only source of happiness, my son. I sacrificed him and forced him to play along when he was old enough to understand "
Kyria Celma explained as her mother stared, unable to do anything.