XVIII

🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀

Demitri expected excruciating pain the minute she sank her fangs into his neck and that pain did come. It just didn't last long. Partly because he experienced pleasure for a few seconds before he felt lost in another world.

"Ismena!"
Aria felt more than heard her sister. Lina rushed to push her off her mate. It was a dangerous thing to do but he was already unconscious but Aria hadn't noticed that as she was busily focused on having her fill, quenching her thirst. It had been a suicide mission she embarked on, refusing to go hunting but she went through with it anyway.
It was a dangerous move Lina pulled but she did it anyway. Aria's eyes were completely black meaning she was more vampire than any other creature and she hadn't quenched her thirst either. A sane person would leave her alone but that would mean something much worse than her anger.

In a flash, she had pinned her sister to the wall. Her hands around her throat, squeezing as she gasped for air.

"How dare you?". Aria hissed expressing her anger at being interrupted. Lina managed to kick her shin and her hold loosened. Using that, she broke free of her grasp and moved quickly to restrain her hands behind her.

"Aria this isn't you!" Lina managed to say through her teeth. She was gasping for air soon after she said that but she didn't stop struggling against Aria's grip, forcing herself to look into her eyes. Maybe it was the bond they shared, maybe it was the fates finally working to favor her but something in her sister snapped and she let go, making her go limp against the wall with sagged shoulders. Lina's hands went to wrap around her neck in the same manner her sister's had and it took a lot to not let the tears brimming at the corners of her eyes fall.

Aria moved quietly through the trees. She'd missed the healing powers of nature. If the fates wouldn't work in her favor,she could always turn to nature and she couldn't even believe she'd stopped visiting the forest because she didn't want to risk meeting her mate. Mate . A word that brought a bitter taste in her mouth. She hated herself for drinking from him and she hated herself even more for enjoying it. Her stupid thirst had now caused her to mark him. They were left with just one step to be bound together forever. It would be difficult to break the bond with the both of them bearing each other's marks even if they despise each other. Now that she was with a clear head she couldn't stop the what ifs.
What if Lina hadn't come there?
What if she already drank too much
What if he dies?
What if Lina hates her for whatever she might have done to her?
What if
What if
What if
But life is full of what ifs that may turn into the reality we so dread so she couldn't afford to dwell on them. She had no idea how she was going to face her sister not to talk about Demitri; her mate. She finally accepted it. There's no other way. She drank from him so she might as well acknowledge the pull she's denied for so long.

Aria successfully snuck into her room without anyone spotting her and if anyone did, they didn't dare to bother her but nothing could have prepared her for what lay in wait for her. Dalcia, Celma and Lina seemed to be tending to an unconscious Demitri. She'd thought he'd be moved to a different room but they decided to leave him where she slept.

"He'll have a higher chance of healing if he's around you" Kyria Celma answered the big question lurking in her eyes.
She couldn't look at Lina no matter how many times she looked up or how many times their gazes met. Looking at her was a painful reminder of her cruelty. She felt like she was no better than Doukai. She could've done worse than causing her neck to bruise and that made her feel horrible.
She avoided her mother like a plague because she wasn't ready for any of her lectures.
Finally,her eyes settled on her unconscious mate. Her feet moved on their own towards the bed so she could get a closer look at him. His pale skin made her swallow loudly. She really had drained him. She should've been happy that he'd be leaving her alone but she only felt hollow because she'd sank her fangs into his neck and claimed him as hers. The fates didn't care that it wasn't her intention to mark him. Hell if they even cared they'd still let it happen a thousand times if they could. She believed they hated her that much for whatever twisted reason that made them happy.
It seemed like all three women understood she wasn't up for any conversation or lectures so in one beeline,she saw from her peripheral vision that they were making their way out. Kyria Celma stopped abruptly and turned to Aria but she didn't turn to look at her.