XIX

Demitri sighed
Getting into his mate's good books would be hard but it would be definitely worth it whenever it ended. He couldn't live without his wolf because they were one and he thought they were bound together more than he and his mate could ever be bound.

"Alfa Demitri, your presence is required in the dining room". A maid with short dark hair told him and he only nodded.
He'd been given a room across Aria's so he'd had the luxury of taking a bath and changing his clothes.
Without wasting much time he hurried down the stairs to the dining room.
His first thought was to make a excuse and go back to the room he'd been given but Aria had already seen him so he went to sit in the only empty seat which he assumed was his. Problem was, it was directly opposite his beautiful mate who had chosen to wear a gown with a deep neckline. She looked beautiful with her dark hair down but he knew he wouldn't be able to concentrate on anything apart from her. It didn't help his case that his friend, Eros who apparently was still angry with him for marking his sister was right beside him on the table.

"It's nice to see you again, Alfa Demitri" Dalcia spoke, being the one to break the silence.

"It's nice to see you too, Dalcia. And please call me Demitri. Just that. It's only fair since you forbid me from calling you anything else apart from Dalcia " Demitri said.
He seemed to feel free around his mate's mother. She just had that aura of calm and for him,it was a good but quite scary thing.

"Alright. How are you feeling today?" Dalcia inquired

"I'll be able to go back to my pack today. I feel completely healed " He replied.

"Oh and here I was thinking I'd get you to play chess with me. I've heard you're excellent at it "

"Excellent is a little bit of an exaggeration but I admit I'm pretty good at it. I'm curious to know who you heard that from "

"Eros told me you're great friends "

"Well not anymore since he chose to mark my sister against her will " Eros snapped, glaring at him

"I didn't mean to ". Demitri muttered

"Doesn't make it any better "

"Eros! He's a guest". Dalcia scolded her son and that shut them both up.

"So Demitri, do I get to play chess with you?" Dalcia asked again. That woman was persistent.

"When?"

"Right after breakfast,if you will"

"After breakfast it is then" Demitri agreed making Dalcia smile. She'd gotten her way.

"Would you care to join us, Aria?" Dalcia turned to face her daughter.

"I'll be very busy today so I can't join you". She declined in the most polite way she could.

"That's a shame. I shall like to see who's best"

"I didn't know Aria played chess" Demitri commented

"You barely know me". Aria muttered to herself.

"She does and she's great at it. I've only beat her once"

"Now I want to play with her instead "

Aria could only look on as they chose to talk about her as though she wasn't in the room . She met her father's gaze and he gave her a secret smile that calmed her nerves. She loved that man to bits. Zekia was a man of few words and was rarely seen but she could swear she'd not survive her mother without him in both their lives.
She was annoyed that Demitri seemed to have formed some sort of connection with her mother so soon. And what was more surprising was her mother's attitude towards him. Well,it wasn't much of a surprise since Dalcia pushed for the bond more than anyone but truthfully, she did find their interaction nice.