XIV

"I'm sorry. I couldn't control Adonis"

The bleeding from the scratches of her claws had stopped but the wounds hadn't closed like they normally would. Wounds or any form of pain inflicted by one's moon blessed took time to heal. If it did, that is.
She glared at him and if looks could kill, he'd be six feet under. Her wrists were still in his grasp.

"Mine". Demitri growled mostly because he felt greatly possessive of her. Adonis' possessive side would be more evident since he marked her though he slept. Her being in denial of the bond would only hurt them both but he didn't blame her.

"I'm not yours. I'll never be" Aria sneered.
As fast as lightning, Demitri flipped them so he was hovering over her.
He was an Àlfa and he didn't do well with sharp talks and sentences that were contrary to what he said or wanted.

"I didn't mean to mark you. It's not like I wanted to. My wolf did."

"You should have controlled him. You're one with your wolf!"

"Deal with it, Ismena. I can't reverse it" Demitri yelled pinning her hands to a pillow on the bed.

"Deal with it?! You're fucking asking me to deal with it?!". She spat and before he could see it, she hit him on the cheek, pushed him off her harshly and got out of the bed.

"Is there anything you can do? It's not like I asked for a mate. You witches could be good for something. I thought I'd talk you into breaking the bond but I the next heat had to come before I had the chance. So yes, deal with it!" Demitri said facing her. He regretted it as soon as he uttered it. He hadn't meant to be so cruel with his words.

Aria stared at him with an unreadable expression. Wow, he was asking her to deal with the fact that he'd marked her without her consent. There's no way she was going to be able to just deal with it.

"This mark on my neck." Aria said and paused. "Will continue to be a bruise, an ugly bruise. Probably for the rest of my life in Ourà Fengàri". She continued.

In two strides, Demitri reached her and grabbed her by the waist, startling her in the process. She thrashed in his gentle yet firm grip for a few seconds and stopped upon realizing he wasn't going to let her.

"You'll accept me someday Ismena. There's no turning back now. The mate bond will eventually win". Demitri declared, a trail of hope evident in his tone.

"Yeah I'll accept you. Definitely over my dead body" Aria spat and finally freed herself from his grip.
Staying in his arms didn't help her strong will. The pull was getting hard to resist with his scent all over her. Her gums were aching but she'd let them hurt her than give in.
She walked slowly to the heavy doors guarding her room and opened it.

"You can leave". Aria told him, gesturing to the open door.

"My wolf doesn't feel good leaving you here".

"I've been safe since I was born. No harm can befall me here. And you really don't think I'd follow you to your pack or let you stay here because of that do you? You're a wolf Demitri. A traitor."

The hate in her eyes as she spoke made him feel a pang in his chest. Now that he'd marked her, he felt the pull more and even though he still didn't want her for a mate,he needed to wake his wolf again. He would die if Adonis slept for too long. A werewolf with a dormant wolf was a weak one. He had to find a way to get her to like him. Or at least, not hate him.

He sighed and walked through the doors she held open for him. When he was out, he risked a look at her and immediately regretted it. His soft eyes pierced her hateful glare. He wordlessly turned back. He deserved it. He couldn't shift into his wolf anymore. Well not until his mate woke him up. As he left, he wondered if the moon was punishing him for a sin he had committed and that's why she paired him with someone he'd hate beyond measure. The hate for vampires and witches blinded him so much that he saw nothing except disgust in Aria and now he was regretting it.