✨ EPILOGUE ✨

🤍Grief; some call it a disease while some think it's a curse. It may be both a disease and a curse. Maybe grief exists to help us appreciate the value of whatever we lost or it exists to make certain we don't forget the existence of what or who we lost 🤍

As she looked up at the star lit sky, she sent a prayer to the moon goddess to keep the most precious soul safe till they met again. If they ever did meet. Six years had passed yet it felt like six days since she buried her sister. The one person she truly and completely loved without question. Living got bearable with time, learning to deal with the pain proved almost impossible but she eventually did it. On days like this, her sister's birthday, she felt the pain of her loss most.

As pair of arms looped around her waist and she sighed heavily as she laid back against her mate's broad chest. Demitri had been with her through all the stages of grief and she was more grateful for him especially on days like this.

"I'm sure she misses you too". Demitri whispered against her ears making her smile. She did hope her sister missed her as much as she did.

"I really wish she was here. She'd give you hell during the wedding and coronation". Aria said chuckling.

"Eros gave me enough hell" He argued

"That would be nothing compared to hers"

Demitri smiled as he thought back to their wedding. It hadn't been what he'd envisioned but he still thought it perfect. Aria was still living dead as at that time but it was perfect to him

"Initially, I hated the idea of us but now I hope to meet you in every life. I cherish the mate bond now more than ever because the fates decided to choose us for unity" Those were the vows of his wife, mate and queen and the look in her eyes as she uttered those words will forever be burnt into his memory. Every night as he pulled her into he arms he made sure to remember those words and cherish them but he also cherished their not so pleasant moments together. The times where they couldn't make it through a minute's conversation without being at each other's throats or the times where being apart was killing them slowly but they'd rather kiss death than admit they were longing for each other.
Eros and Demitri has managed to slowly mend their relationship through Aria's inconsolable state after Lina's death. She was obviously missed by all due to the ray of sunshine she was in everyone's lives.

"Sorry to interrupt Vasiliás, Vasilissa, but the leader of the witch coven seeks an audience" Her head the security informed them bowing. Finding Lina's replacement was extremely hard,very painful and almost impossible to accomplish but Liza proved to be not just brave but loyal in every sense that Aria had no choice than to choose her and she'd since been nothing but impressive in her the execution of her duties.

"It's fine, Liza "

Aria said calmly with a smile as Liza went back, returning with Eros by her side.

"If I didn't know better I'd think you were interested in my mate, brother". Aria teased. Since bonding again, Eros and Demitri were almost inseparable as they were seen around each other almost always.
Beneath that teasing smile she held, however, was an elated heart. She was genuinely happy her brother could experience the kind of friendship he had with Demitri. Frankly it made things all the better and easier in the castle.

"You wish". Eros said chuckling, his best friend joining in.

"Why are you here anyway. You may be mean but you definitely don't get off watching me cry so what brings you up my tower, brother dearest?"