XV

🌙
🌙
🌙
🌙
🌙

"How did it happen?"
Eros asked with a hard look at his sister who gave him a bitter smile.

"How did what happen? The forced marking? Or the pairing by oi moíres (the fates)? She shot back with an eyebrow raised.

"I don't get it. You're not supposed to be mated to a wolf."

"Well I guess the fates love to mess with us. Don't they? I thought it wasn't true at first but now I know it is"

"What are you going to do?" Eros questioned with a concerned look

"About what?"

"The Vasiliás of the Queendom was supposed to have been crowned by the end of the year but now that you have a mate on the other side what will you do?"

"Nothing. Doukai will rule by my side" Aria declared

"You may die if you refuse the bond for too long"

"I'm already on my way to death. I was marked without my consent, Eros. You want me to accept a man like that. He's a traitor. And he's just as they were described in the books; impatient, rebellious and unreasonably controlling"

"Something must have happened. He's not usually that kind of person". Eros defended

"If you want to tell me how much of a great friend he is to you, I don't care. I won't hear it. Now if you'll excuse me, I need to rest"
Aria said and climbed into bed, ignoring her brother completely.

Eros sighed and left his sister alone. He understood her anger. Hells, he was angry too but he was sure something was wrong somewhere. He knew Demitri well and he wasn't an asshole on normal days.

"Eros?" A voice called him and he turned to face the person with a dazzling smile. He opened his arms wide as Lina practically jumped into them.

"I know you missed me"

"Damn right I did. Oh you've gotten bigger and taller. Did they feed you some of their friends over there or what?". Lina said amidst chuckling making Eros join her.

"Come on. They wouldn't feed me that. How's my favorite sister?" Eros asked

"Make sure Aria doesn't hear you. She's not in the best moods these days. You don't want to offend her". Lina warned

"I know."

"You do?"

"I met her when I came. With her mate". He gritted the last sentence out, remembering the bruise on his sister's neck.

"Why do you look so angry all of a sudden?". Lina asked upon noticing how he clenched his jaw.

"I'm not. I just didn't expect her to be mated to a werewolf"

"I still find it hard to believe that sometimes"

*
*
*

"I'm done, Demi. Look for another punching bag". Vier declared, getting up from the ground and practically bolting through the door.
He and his alpha had been sparring for hours and he was more than tired. Demitri gave him no chance to recover quickly from the punches and kicks. He buried his face in both hands and sighed. He still couldn't feel Adonis yet even without his wolf, it seemed like the mate pull was only stronger. He was losing his mind wondering what was happening to his mate
He didn't know if there was anything he could do. He had gone to seek comfort in Adonis' favourite spots in hopes of reconnecting with his wolf but it didn't work out. According to Dr. Viera, only Aria could wake his wolf again.