BTS x Jungkook- Team Player (Part One)

A mini series because I didn't do a Christmas special so here it is, even though this oneshot isn't Christmas themed :)

[] [] [] [] []

"Jin hyungie?" A seventeen-year old Jungkook opened Jin's door to his room, only a little because he didn't want to invade his privacy. "Yeah?" Jin turned around. "Um, I-I don't want to bother you-" "Whatever you need just say it." Jin sighed and tossed something on his dresser. Jungkook knew his tone, he was irritated and upset about something. "Nevermind hyung, I'll come back later." Jungkook went to leave but Jin called for him. "What do you need, Kook-ah?"

Jungkook fully entered his room and started to fiddle with his shirt nervously. "I um, I have a football game Friday and Yoongi hyungie said that he won't be able to take me-" "I'll take you, that's fine." Jin cut him off. Jungkook hesitated. "Are you sure?" He asked. "Yes, Jungkook-ah, it's fine." Jin told him, rearranging his clothes. Jungkook knew something was up so he left awkwardly and went to find Namjoon.

"Namjoon hyung-" "Yeah?" Namjoon was in the kitchen making a sandwich. "Um...Jin hyung seems angry, but I don't want to get on his nerves because I just had to ask him to drive me Friday and I feel like I'm in the way." Jungkook ranted to him, pouting. "Why do you feel like you're in the way?" Namjoon tilted his head at him. "Because, I'm still in school and I can't-" "You aren't in the way Jungkook, don't worry about it okay?" Namjoon went over and rubbed his shoulder. "Okay." Jungkook nodded.

~~Friday~~

Jungkook got in the passenger side while Jin started the car. "I'm sorry the others won't be able to see tonight, but I will." Jin smiled at him. Jungkook hummed and clicked his seatbelt, his bag resting at his feet. "Hey, you aren't too tired from dance practice yesterday right?" Jin asked him. "Nope, I'm fine." Jungkook assured him. "Alright."

Jungkook had practiced extra hours yesterday with Namjoon and Jimin, in total probably over fourteen hours. He was past exhaustion but he was excited about his game tonight. That would make him fine, and the chances of him actually playing were slim because of the other teams playing his league.

When they got to the high school Jin sat in the bleachers, as the sun just began to start setting for the night. Jungkook got changed in the locker rooms and greeted his teammates.

He placed on his helmet and soon his team ran out onto the field, with the other team on the opposite end, covered in a wave of green and red. Jungkook's colors were yellow and blue, all primary colors.

The game went well, but Jungkook's team lost by only two points. Afterwards his coach wasn't too hard on them due to the fact they played well, but by the time they got back to the dorm Jungkook was passed out exhausted. Jin smiled fondly at him.

"Jungkook-ah, wake up." He shook him awake and Jungkook went inside, instantly going for a shower. Jin was asleep in his room along with the rest of the members by the time Jungkook was to his room (only ten minutes later).

The next morning, practice was difficult for the maknae. He was messing up and dragging everyone behind for three hours before their choreographer pulled him aside.

"Jeongguk I don't want you being tired from school intervening with this. Your members can't continue without you, everyone's doing a good job except you. Just keep trying, okay?" He patted his shoulder. "Mhm, I'm sorry. I'll do better." Jungkook agreed, and they went back to practicing.

Everyday seemed to be like that though. Jungkook seemingly holding his members back, and balancing school didn't make it any better. It was getting closer to the end of the year which means more testing that Jungkook needed help with- but of course his hyungs were too busy, and Namjoon would scold him for being late to practices because he was studying with a friend.

It was building up a lot of stress, but Jungkook thought he could handle it, so he didn't say anything.

While practicing dance, their choreographer was sick so Hoseok was leading them.

"Jimin-ah, it's right, left, slide, forward, okay? Not that difficult." Hoseok stopped the music. "Yeah, I've got it." Jimin blushed from being called out. "It's okay hyung- why don't we take a break?" Jungkook suggested. "No, no break." Hoseok stopped everyone. "Just because I'm gonna teach doesn't mean we can slack. We've been doing that the last few days and we have to-" "Just a few minutes hyung." Jungkook cut him off, taking a few sips of water.

Hoseok flattened his lips at him but let it slip by. After their break Jimin was still struggling a little, and Hoseok was not going easy on him.

"Jimin-ssi, again?" Hoseok scoffed. "I'm sorry, hyung." Jimin got out between heavy pants for air. "Everytime today you've been messing up- what's wrong with you today? It's like you're not even trying." Hoseok dissed him. "I am trying, I promise. I just, it's hard." Jimin whimpered. "Yeah well everyone else is doing just fine. Quit being lazy and get it together." Hoseok spat. Jimin obviously was about to say more but he shut himself up before he could. Jungkook saw how hurt he was, but his sadness was turning into anger. He bit on his lip and stayed quiet about it.

The rest of the day, it didn't get any better. Hoseok kept nagging at Jimin, and he would just bite his tongue and nod. Back at the dorm, Jungkook was trying to study but he couldn't because of what was happening in the room right next to his.

"Hoseok hyung we have a lot of time to practice, it isn't like-" "You procrastinate, Jimin-ah, and that's not a good thing! All I'm saying is to put yourself together!"

"I am! I'm trying my best, hyung! I wouldn't lie to you just because I'm unmotivated, I know it's a group effort and that's why I'm trying so hard! You know the last thing I want to do is bring anyone down!"

"But that's the thing, Jimin, you aren't trying! You're making careless and stupid mistakes-" "We're all human, we make mistakes hyung, that's why dancing is a learning process!"

It was Jimin and Hoseok who were yelling at each other.

"Don't blame your laziness on being a human! Just do better, it isn't that hard!" Hoseok yelled. "It is hard when it's new and you're yelling at me!" Jimin was getting emotional, it was obvious in his voice. He was struggling to defend himself.

Jungkook sighed and laid his head down on his study paper. He always struggled with studying and now, he couldn't. He groaned and put everything away, and fell asleep to Yoongi trying to stop the fight; but each member got involved, which ended in loud booming voices overwhelming Jungkook's ears.