Namjin - Is Fate Real?

1, 943 Words

Contents: Cute/Fluff

Jin can't sleep one night, and he doesn't know it's going to change his life

[] [] [] [] []

Jin was awake at two in the morning, tossing and turning; restless. He was cold one minute and half-asleep, he was too hot. He had a fan running but it didn't seem to help. It seemed as if he could only feel the breeze occasionally.

The dorm was silent. Everything was still, except for in Jin's room. His cover bedsheet was almost coming off of the bed, he must've not put it on correctly a few days ago. With a sigh, Jin stood up to fix it. "Stupid sheet..." He grabbed it, pulled it tight, and tucket it nicely under the mattress. He laid back down.

Why was Jin unable to sleep? Because his mind was racing, and he couldn't get it to stop, no matter what he tried. He tried a hot shower, hasn't looked at his phone since eight o'clock, he was stuck on what to do. Jin's mind was racing about Namjoon, his leader. Jin knows he's in love with him, he knows deep down. However he can't get himself to believe it, or accept it. Not that he didn't think it wasn't okay, but Jin didn't know how to confess, or what Namjoon would do. After all, the media would be a war for days, possibly weeks, and their managers-

"Ugh, Seokjin..." Jin sat up again, running a hand through his light hair. After he thought for a few moments, he grabbed his phone, airpods, and charger. Carefully he snuck out of his room and into the living room. He clicked on a small lamp, that only allowed him to see half of the room. He turned on the TV and Playstation quietly. If he couldn't sleep, at least he could do something he enjoyed in the meantime.

He connected his airpods and played a playlist Namjoon had lended him. Most of them were English songs that Namjoon enjoyed, and Jin liked the sounds so he kept it. Jin logged in to his account and started to play some levels of Mario he had already done before.

It had been an hour or so, before Jin heard some song he had heard before and remembers liking. It was Arcade, a song that blew up in the U.S. but the singer was actually from Switzerland, and also where the song was originally born. Jin also liked the song because he remembered how passionate Namjoon looked when he was explaining the behind the scenes of some of the songs on the playlist. Jin paused his game to look at the lyrics; translated, obviously.

It seemed to be about love, and the guy's voice went really well. Jin smiled at the screen, imagining Namjoon and himself in an old game arcade, frantic lights and crazy young teens around them. Jin would be handing Namjoon all of his cash and coins so Namjoon could win himself something. And Namjoon always bit his lip or stuck out his tongue when he was playing games, or focusing on games- so him at an arcade would make Jin's heart do jumping jacks.

The next song, shuffled on the playlist, was truly a love song. Jin fell in love with the lyrics, they were cute and Lukas Graham did an excellent job. "Wish I could sing that well." Jin whispered to himself, not wanting to awaken any of the other members. With "Love Someone", Jin could only think of a nice candlelit dinner with Namjoon. They wouldn't be at a restaurant, it would be just them together, probably outside or on the dorm balcony. Simple but if Namjoon liked it, Jin loved it.

His head got sad when the reality hit Jin, that it would never happen. Sleeping and waking up next to Namjoon wouldn't happen unless one of them felt too clingy, and a dinner (date) alone hasn't happened in six years of their friendship. Namjoon was straightforward, and if he had feelings for Jin, it would be obvious and he would say something as soon as he figured it out. Unlike Jin...