BTS x Jungkook- Team Player (Part Three)

It was Jungkook's second-to-last game of the year, and all the members were cheering him on from the silver bleachers. The sky was dark and the moon was beginning to enter more people's field of vision, making the bright white lights illuminate the whole field.

Jungkook was waiting, watching the game go on. His coach didn't put him in much because he knew he was a dancer but never went easy on him. Tonight, Jungkook was playing against Kai's team, and they were losing by a few points. Not horrible, yet.

Halftime came and passed, and Jungkook switched with player fourteen, who had been playing from the start. He was obviously lacking because of it, and Jungkook felt happy he was finally playing.

He guarded and did a wonderful job, until the clock struck five minutes left. Jungkook saw the time just before another game begun. Everything happened quickly but Jungkook's head was where it needed to be: in the game.

With two minutes left, his quarterback threw the ball, but mixed up the players and threw it to Kai's team. Jungkook luckily was taller, and immediately caught the football against his chest, earning screams of surprise from the bleachers. He was smirking as he ran quickly across the field, heart beating erratically because he knew everyone's eyes were on him. He tried passing but it always got passed back to him. Obviously, his teammates wanted him to score. They trusted him.

With less than a minute on the clock, Jungkook eyed the big scoring area. The crowd was blocked out of his mind and all he could hear was his rapid breathing and pounding heartbeat. It felt like the bright stage lights were shining directly on him, everyone's eyes digging holes in his back. He loved it though.

He was shaking with excitement because  he knew he could score, and maybe win the game depending on how far he threw it. With one far throw, they could win by one point. And that would be enough for Jungkook.

He chased across to the middle of the field, the crowd cheering coming back to his senses. He heard his teammates beg him to throw the ball and to score, but also cheering him on at the same time. Their cheerleaders were forming their pyramid and Jungkook felt the support from them. He gained faith and blocked everything out to figure out the dynamics on how to throw, still running.

Suddenly, boom!

All of the air was knocked out of his chest, his mouth guard slipped out and his helmet too, causing his jaw to slam right into the ground. Before he could even realize he was on the ground, everyone tripped and fell right on him, piling up and the referee's blew their whistles loudly.

The most blood curling scream Jungkook's ever heard vibrated his eardrums and entire body. He realized someone was hurt and rushed to get down on one knee, but then, he again realized, he couldn't move. The person that screamed, was him.

Everyone frantically got off of Jungkook and the referee's ran over, and by the time they realized someone was hurt, the coaches rushed over as well.

The players on both sides all got down to one knee and the crowd fell quiet out of respect. Jungkook saw four people around him, and was too confused and physically shocked to realize that he was the one hurt.

He looked down with blood pouring from his mouth from his jaw hitting the ground so hard, and his eyes widened as far as they could.

He screamed again and heard the referee on Kai's team yell for someone to call an ambulance. There were hands wrapping up under his armpits to prop him up against the person's body, which he pieced together was his own coach. Then he saw his leg, and the white bone visible outside of his skin.

His leg was badly broken, but Jungkook couldn't feel anything. He could see it but he couldn't feel it. Was it even his leg if he couldn't feel it?

It was his femur, his lower leg, and Jungkook heard 'oh my god's and his own screams of pain. He was between crying and hyperventilating, again. He was always scared of being injured, especially in a sport like football. Football was a risky sport, but Jungkook hasn't known anyone personally get injured, so he tried out and was a natural at it.

But yes, Jungkook's leg was indeed broken, and he wasn't hallucinating the bone sticking out. There was blood gushing everywhere under his calf, and over his white knee-high socks that were also coated in green grass.

As Jungkook slowly realized and grasped more of the situation, he started to hear reassuring words from the adults surrounding him. There was an ambulance on the way and the game had stopped completely. The crowd knew something was up when Jungkook remained on the ground; there were so many people piled up that hardly anyone in the crowd realized who it was.

"Hey, where's Jungkook at?" Jimin asked Jin as he popped two M&M candies in his mouth. "What's happening?" He asked. Jimin was far from obtaining knowledge about sports. "They're kneeling because someone got hurt, it's out of respect. They must be really badly injured if they're waiting this long." Jin explained to him. "I can't see Jungkookie." Taehyung scanned everyone on the field and bleachers, but there were loads of people. "I'm sure he's somewhere." Yoongi shrugged.

Everyone started to mutter anxiously when they saw an ambulance. "Sh*t something happened." Namjoon cursed, worry washing over him. Everyone was looking where the referee's and coaches were hiding the hurt individual.

When the person was moved onto a stretcher, Hoseok's heart dropped when he saw Jungkook on the white board. "OH MY GOD IT'S JEONGGUK!" He screamed and immediately jumped up to run down the multiple layers of bleachers. "Sh*t!" The six others scurried after him, hearts racing and panicking as they rushed out behind the bleachers and to the ambulance.

"Sh*t Jungkook-" "OH MY GOD!" Three of them screamed in surprise. Jungkook was passed out by now, most likely from the shock and/or pain. He was still breathing rapidly from either being out of breath on the field, or adrenaline pumping rapidly in his veins.

"Jungkookie!" Jimin cried out and the paramedics glanced at them quickly. They told them where they were headed, so Yoongi and Jin drove everyone to the hospital.

By the time they got there, the members were overwhelmed with paperwork and vibrating phones from the agency. Namjoon texted their manager and he was on the way. Yoongi signed the papers given to him for Jungkook's medicine and consent to surgery. Neither one realized the papers were for surgery because they were panicking so bad.

"Where's Jungkook, what happened?" Their manager asked. "Jungkook's football game was tonight and he got hurt really bad, they said he broke his leg-" "There was so much blood." Jimin sobbed into Jin's arm, while Taehyung tried to explain what happened.

They waited in the emergency room for four hours, everyone had fallen asleep except for Yoongi and their manager. A doctor and surgeon walked over, and Yoongi frantically woke up his members.

"Jeongguk has significant damage to his left leg and jaw, he won't be able to walk normally for a few months and he will need some physical therapy...his surgery went well though, he is resting in his recovery room." The surgeon explained to them. Hoseok asked to see him so they went up two floors and were guided to Jungkook's room. He was asleep with an IV and multiple other machines connected to him, and a white cast around his left leg.

Namjoon and Hoseok teared up as they rushed over to Jungkook, examining him and taking in everything that had happened. Their young maknae, in such a painful state like this...

"We shouldn't have let him go tonight." Jimin said, sitting down next to the hospital bed. "No, he had to go...it was one of the final games." Jin told him, sighing. "How do you think he's gonna feel about it when he wakes up and realizes he won't be able to walk by himself for a month or two? No sports, no dancing..." Taehyung thought out loud. "He'll just, have to make peace with it."