Tipping the Scales

This is the continuation of another story. Be sure to read that first before reading this one.
https://www.wattpad.com/1192419116-vale%27s-champion-of-justice-rwby-x-kiritsugu-emiya

12:47 PM, Island of Patch, Taiyang Xiao Long's House

It had been a while since some of the survivors of the Grimm attack back at Vale had arrived at the mostly safe island of Patch. Some survivors had been far too brave for their own good. Glynda Goodwitch for example, had decided to return to the now destroyed Vale in hopes of restoring it to it's former glory.

The survivors that were at Taiyang's house were in terrible condition. Even if it wasn't physical, it was surely mental. Many had lost their friends, family, or even some of both back at Vale. Despite all of the power and numbers of Huntsmen and Huntresses, they were never enough to fight back all of the Grimm.

At this moment, Ruby Rose, Yang Xiao Long, Taiyang Xiao Long and Qrow Branwen reside at the house, with the most notable being Yang who is currently recovering from Adam Taurus' attack, which had caused her to lose a limb, which is seemingly beyond the power of Avalon for the time being.

Ruby seems fine for the most part, having survived her encounter with Kirei Kotomine and a weakened Cinder Fall at the top of the Beacon tower. 

Qrow and Taiyang while both are sadder than usual, have coped with the horrible calamity far better than both Ruby and Yang. Team RWBY has disbanded at the moment. Weiss has retreated back to Atlas and Blake is in an unknown location after Yang had lost her arm for her sake. Team JNPR remains intact however, Pyrrha Nikos having survived this time with the help of a combination of King Artoria's Avalon and the late Kiritsugu Emiya interfering with her fight with Cinder.

Kiritsugu Emiya's body has been burned in fear of the unknown curse that had ravaged his well being throughout the years. Though, it was never contagious, better safe than sorry, right?

The household is silent for the most part. Sunlight comes through the window of Ruby's room, who seems to be in deep thought.

A "circle of purification", "The Holy Grail". Many interesting words Emiya had taught her back on the evacuation airships, though his vast knowledge of the unknown is now completely gone for good. It didn't matter, she had enough information to summon a Servant.

"Hey, Ruby! Lunch is ready!" Yelled out Taiyang. Rose got up from her bed, stretching.

"Coming!" She yelled out.

12:48 PM, Taiyang Xiao Long's House

Qrow, Taiyang and Ruby had gathered at the dining table. Yang was absent, still recovering. "Enjoy." Let out Taiyang as he put one plate of food in front of Ruby, one in front of Qrow, and the other for himself. He had 4 plates in total, with 3 of them on the table, he carried the fourth to Yang's room. Ruby looks at Yang's room from the outside, with a concerned expression on her face, before her uncle pat her on the shoulder.

"Relax, kid. She'll get better. It's just the matter of sooner or later." Qrow reassured.

"I hope..." Ruby wasn't exactly optimistic. 

Taiyang came out of Yang's room and sat down at the table. Qrow and Taiyang had both started to feast, but Ruby had no interest in it. She picked up her fork, playing around with the dish. "Hey, Ruby, do you not like it?" Let out Taiyang with concern.