Unlikely Friendship

9 AM, Patch

A bullet drops to the ground.

It's silenced by the sound of a waterfall literally right next to it.

EMIYA puts another bullet into the chamber of the Contender, sweat running down his face.

He was far too focused.

Raven on the other hand, was sitting next to the waterfall, admiring it's beauty.

Another bullet drops to the ground, catching her attention.

"What are you doing?"

"Training."

"Didn't think you'd be rusty."

"I'm not. It doesn't hurt me to hone my skills however."

It was obvious what he was trying to do now.

"Two seconds. You took two seconds to reload that gun."

He sighed, gritting his teeth in frustration. Bending over, he picked up the Origin Bullets on the ground.

"Why pick up the bullets? You look like you have more on you."

"These bullets aren't like any other. In case you haven't noticed, the both of the times I've shot you with these, they instantly destroyed your power."

"Aura."

"I don't care about the name."

Raven smirked.

"But, these are Origin Bullets. Unlike any other, they're made of my bones."

"Slippery snake, are you?" She chuckled to herself.

"Only some of my bones, not all of them."

"That's a relief."

"What do you mean?"

"Can't have a spineless Servant." Raven stood up, walking over to him. She put her hand out. "Give it to me."

He hands the Contender over to her, who immediately aims it at his face. "Now, a bullet."

And he did so, handing a single Origin Bullet to her.

"I'm only joking with you." She opened the chamber, dropping the bullet in there to the ground. Wasting no time, she reloaded.

He scoffed after she'd finished. "Half of a second more than me. You're slow."

She observed the Contender. Bending over, she picked up the bullet dropped, handing both the weapon and it's ammunition back to him.

"Fine. Maybe you're better than me in some areas, but stop being so brooding." She grabbed his hand, walking him over to the waterfall. Eventually, she let go of his hand once they had gotten there. Raven took a look at her own reflection in the crystal clear liquid, sitting back down. 

"Why are we even here? I thought you had a tribe."

"I do, but the matter of getting to them is a whole different thing."

"Can't you open your portals?"

"My gateways only work on people I'm bonded with. I'm not exactly bonded well with the hundred bandits I have control over." She drew Omen, opening a portal behind EMIYA. "Though, interestingly, you seem to be an exception to this rule because of our relationship."

"So, we're stuck then? I don't think anyone would have a bond with you."

"I do have a bond with Rose's uncle, my daughter and my lover, though, I think you already know how my relationship with all of those people are right now."