Old Habits Die Hard

9:33 AM, Forests of Patch

The combined forces of JNPR, Ruby and her Servant walk through the freezing land, on their way to Haven.

"No... the map is this way!" Nora flipped a map in her hands. "Or... maybe this way!" She flipped it back.

"Come on, Nora. Stop playing around with the map, might tear it apart." Jaune said to the bubbly girl.

"Sorry." She drops her head in regret.

Every now and then, Ruby's Servant stopped to look at something amidst the frozen wasteland. Eventually, Ruby caught on, asking him: "Hey, Assassin, what are you looking at?"

"Ah, nothing. Just that." He pointed at a frozen walnut on a tree.

"That's called a Walnut! They're really delicious, when they're not frozen, that is." Duh.

"Yes, I know. Let's keep moving." He turned around and started his march once more, Ruby following afterwards. They had slightly fallen back from JNPR, and as such the duo couldn't hear the team's talks and vice versa.

"Master, would you like to play a game?" He asked of her while they were walking.

"Sure." If a person as cold as him wanted to play a game, it probably is actually fun.

"I can't remember who I did it with, but I used to play this game with my old friend. Whoever found the most walnuts won." He scoffed. "I used to always win."

"There is a reason why I'm the master in this relationship, Assassin!"

"Because you summoned me?" 

"No! It's because I could totally kick your butt in all competitions." She said with full confidence.

"I would like to test that. Fight me in this walnut game."

"I accept your challenge then! A true champion takes on all challenges." She puts her hands behind her head with a smug smile. The two walked at a decent pace side by side. Not fast enough to go past team JNPR, but not slow enough to get left behind in the snowy wasteland either.

Assassin's hand reaches out to one of the trees, pointing at it. "I found one." He points at a walnut. Ruby pouts.

"I found one too, then!" She points at one as well, all confident until hearing a few words from Assassin.

"Ah, but I've already found two." He points at another, but it looked unusual. It wasn't a walnut at all.

"That's... not a walnut, silly." She reached up to pat him on the head.

"It is a wingnut. It looks like a walnut as well, so it counts. 2 points for me." He could feel the anger radiating from Ruby.

"No fair! You've been cheating this whole time!" She yelled out. "Assassin, as your master, I order you to let me win!"

"I thought you said you could kick my butt in all competitions." He smirked. It wasn't all visible unfortunately though because of his bandages.

"Exactly! That's why you have to cheat!" She crosses her arms. Assassin sighed.

"You can't expect everyone to play fairly in real life. Many people will do anything to get to their goals."

"Are you part of that group?"

"Maybe." She raises a brow at his comment.

12:43 PM, Summer Rose's Grave

"We're here!" Pyrrha yelled out to alarm the two who had fallen behind by a bit.