Forgiveness

4:16 PM, Forests

"Open the briefcase~! Open the briefcase~!" Nora cheered from on top of a clearly tired EMIYA.

"Nora, leave the poor guy alone, you're already breaking his back..." Pyrrha protested.

"Aww..." Nora let out in her disappointment, resting her head on EMIYA's hood. The group kept up their journey.

"I wonder if that Servant was being controlled by a Command Seal..." EMIYA whispered to his own master, who was still far too ashamed to talk to him. "I knew Kotomine to some degree in my past life. It wouldn't be out of character for him to use a Command Seal on a throwaway Servant. Maybe it was all a lie."

After a while, he turned to Ruby, not understanding why he had not gotten an answer. "What's the matter?" He asked. Ruby looked at the ground, keeping silent. He decided to drop the conversation.

Ruby was left to drown in her own misery.

The next day
9:43 AM, Forests

The group walks down a sunny road. "Soooo... the next town is... uhm..." Nora thinks to herself. Thankfully, she had given Kiritsugu's shoulders a break for the time being.

"We're lost, aren't we?" Ren sighs.

"No, actually. The next village is Shion. Me and my family used to go there all the time." Jaune corrected. The heads of Pyrrha, Nora and Jaune were all in the map in Jaune's hands, focused on it.

Ruby and Kiritsugu both kept their silence. Kiritsugu as it was his usual attitude, whereas Ruby was still thinking about what she'd done.

"Jaune, don't you have a bunch of sisters?" Nora questioned.

"Uh, yeah. 7, actually."

"What'd you guys do there?"

"All sorts of stuff! Camping, hiking. I even got my own tent because I was special! And also because my sisters would keep braiding my hair."

"Didn't like the look?"

"Yeah. I'm more of a 'warrior's wolftail kind of guy.'"

"It's called a ponytail." Nora chuckled.

"I stand by my words."

Pyrrha stops in her tracks, as she sees something in the distance. While the others were distracted, "Uh... guys?" She covers her mouth with her hand, shocked. Ren's eyes widen.

9:45 AM, Shion Village

Up ahead was the Shion Jaune had talked about. It was destroyed. Columns of smoke rise into the air. Risking nothing, the group rushes into the barren land. Ruby finally spoke up. "There could be survivors!" She said as she looked around in her shock.

Ren called out. "Over here!" He had found an injured Huntsman who was seated propped against the wall of a broken building. The group rushes over. Ren kneels next to him.

 Ren kneels next to him