Back in Black

9:37 AM, Inn at Higanbana

Sunlight invades one of the rooms at the inn, as the occupant slowly pushes the curtains aside. He turns to the other person in the room. Ruby sits on her bed, brushing her hair. EMIYA looks outside of the window, finally speaking up to her.

"Hey, master, can I ask you something?" He said without turning to her.

"Hm?"

"Are you certain you'd be able to keep your limbs from being cut off?" What the hell?

"What kind of question is that?" She said, confused, still brushing her hair.

"I don't know myself, really. I'm just worried about something like that happening. I'm sure someone like you would be able to carry on even long after you'd lose an arm, but it's something else. Is your Command Seal on your arm?"

"You mean this? I've been trying to figure out it's use, you've been far too cryptic." EMIYA turned around, looking at her. She shows EMIYA the back of her hand.

Her Command Seals are a reminiscent of Kiritsugu's own back when he owned a Servant

"Yeah, that." He turned back around to face the window. He scoffs. "It looks like mine. Command Seals are what you use to make your Servants into a machine. If you can't see it right now, I'm moving on my own will, but if you use one, then you could get them to do anything that they normally wouldn't do."

"You had a Servant?"

"Obviously. It's bold of you to assume I'd teach you the knowledge to summon one without having had one before myself."

"You're right. But what was the point of the question?"

"If a limb with your Command Seals on it is cut off, then others can get your Servant and Command Seal."

"Wait wait, so let's say, Pyrrha comes up to me and slices my arm off, then she gets you as her Servant?"

"Exactly. If I were you, I'd be careful with that arm. I prefer being your Servant rather than someone like Kotomine's or whoever Fall is. I'm sure they'd use my being for naught and dispose of me once I have no use."

"Sheesh, you're scaring me."

"Nah, don't worry about it. After having seen your speed multiple times, I'm sure none would be able to harm you."

Ruby then paused to think for a second. "You wouldn't betray me if that ever happened, would you Emiya?" She let out with a small hint of sadness in her voice.

"You seem to forget that my entire life was dedicated to being a hero. I would try to kill someone like Kotomine if they ever got their hands on me, not you. There's not really much I can do about it if they use a Command Seal though."

"Right..." She let out with a nervous tone. "Are you gonna take that off?"

"Hm?" He turned back around.