Recovery & Bonding

8:53 PM, House

"Are you there?"

"You won't die. Not yet."

EMIYA is suddenly woken up back up. He looked around, he'd been placed on one of the many beds in the house. Oscar was sitting on a chair placed next to his bed.

"There you are! Finally!"

He tried to stand up, but was suddenly hit by the pain of not only Gilgamesh's attack, but also the shards from the ship. He was pinned back down onto the bed by Pine.

"Hey, don't move. You're lucky to be even alive right now."

He grit his teeth in response, he had no choice to rest anyways. He had felt something in his body. A familiar feeling.

It was most definitely Avalon to help him recover faster. Normally, a sword wound like that wouldn't have given Avalon trouble, but the Noble Phantasm works much better when it's around the Servant related to it.

"I'll let Ruby take over. She's been waiting on you to wake up since last night." Oscar stood up, yawning and stretching himself. It's clear he that he'd been sitting here for a long time, watching over EMIYA. Afterwards, he walked out of EMIYA's view.

He placed a hand on the sword wound. What the hell was that guy? That... thing. At the very least, Ruby seems safe. That was enough for him.

The children in the coffins reminded him of something. He had saved a child from the fire, but before Kiritsugu could even pass Avalon to him to heal him, the child had passed away. Seeds of regret are planted in his mind.

A true shame. At least, he didn't have to go through the same thing that happened to those other kids. Even for someone like him, that was horrifying. Thinking back to it shook him to the core.

What about that voice that woke him up? The voice sounded like Irisviel's. The past can't stop haunting him.

EMIYA perks up as he hears the invasive sound of running. Someone's rushing to him.

Suddenly, Ruby barged into the room. "Emiya! Are you okay?!"

"Yeah, I'm fine." EMIYA let out weakly, hand still on his wound.

Ruby calmed herself down, sitting on the chair Oscar had been sitting on. "You're crazy, Emiya. You were gonna get yourself killed against that guy!"

He scoffs. "I have to go all out for my master, of course. I can't let you become like those kids down there."

"Okay, alright... we just had a serious talk with Oscar and uncle Qrow back upstairs. Is that what woke you up?"

"No."

"How about Nora and Yang arm wrestling again and everyone cheering?"

"No. A voice called out to me. I don't know what it was, but..."

"But?"

"It's nothing. Now, about Kotomine."

She looks at the ground. "We need to go back to free them. The kids."

"They're long gone, even if we save them. You saw that one's state, right...?"

"At least free them from their pain, that was horrible."

"I don't have a problem with that, but I doubt someone like Kotomine would stay in the same place after being outed like that. He must have relocated already." EMIYA's eyes widen. "But... that Servant..."