Back From The Grave

9:34 PM, Unknown Location

Two men dressed in casual clothing sit down at a table. One blonde, the other with brown hair. They both hold a glass of luxurious wine each, taking a sip every now and then. On the table, they were seemingly playing a game. It looked similar to chess.

"Why do you even bother yourself with that mongrel?" The man with blonde hair asked suddenly, breaking the silence between them. "With every second passing, you are making yourself look more and more like nothing but a pawn."

"It's a symbiotic relationship. Salem will be the one to carry us to victory without us having to do anything." The man with brown hair responded, knocking over one of the blonde man's pieces. "Checkmate." He let out.

"Hmph." The man in blonde laid back after his defeat in the game.

"The Holy Grail is ours, Gilgamesh. It's only a matter of patience." Kirei reassured. Gilgamesh took a handful of grapes from a bowl. "I understand that you are the king of kings, but every victory, every success, it requires time."

"What is your plan?"

"You and I. We will strike when Salem is at her worst. A war is already brewing between her faction and those that seek to save the world." Upon hearing Kotomine's sentence, Gilgamesh smirked. "Her forces will be depleted. That is when we attack."

"Very well, Kotomine. Lead us to victory." Kirei returns Gilgamesh's smirk.

Kirei Kotomine and his Servant, Gilgamesh

11:31 PM, Forests of Patch

Everyone had started to huff and puff at this point, out of breath in the cold. They had come a long way from Taiyang's house. Grimm attacks were common in these areas, they had to defend themselves a lot. 

Something had caught the Servant's eye. He noticed Ruby shivering from the cold, clearly unequipped for the frozen wastelands. She suddenly felt a somewhat heavy yet warm garb wrap around her neck.

Turning to see who'd done it, it was her Servant! He had cut off a part of his own cape with his knife and wrapped it around her, causing her to turn red. "E- Emiya--!"

"Don't get anything wrong. I only did it because if a Servant loses their master, they can only stay in the physical world for so long." He slightly shivered as he had taken off a large part of his scarf, denying any emotions he might have had. Ruby grabs onto the garb, warming herself up without another word. Smells like roses.

The 6 Huntsmen and Huntresses disappear into the fog.

Many, many months later.