Assassin's Past

Archer and Ruby sit next to each other, resting against the  detached train cabins.

It seems that everyone is starting to recover just fine from his attack, mainly thanks to Jaune's Semblance.

"Smoker, used guns, and... killed people." Ruby scratched the back of her head.

"I already know those. Tell me something I don't know."

"Well... I mean, he's my Servant, or, was. I made a contract with him but I have no idea where he is right now."

"Hmph. It's a real shame."

"Why?"

"The life of a Servant is nothing but suffering. You expect to be put to rest one day, but the fighting never stops. I have gone through what feels like the same scenario over a million times."

"I'm sorry about that."

"It's fine, after all, I'm shouldering the burden. But, regardless, I'd like to inform you that, I would like to meet my father once more."

"So?"

"So I will join you on your journey to find him, and depending on his wishes, I will either come along with you or..." He sighs. "Time will tell."

The both of them fall silent as they look around their surroundings.

"What are your abilities, um..."

"Archer."

"Right, Archer."

"I can replicate melee weapons that I've seen before. What you saw back there was called a Reality Marble, every sword you saw in there, everyone of them was faked."

"Are you Velvet's brother or something?"

"What?"

"There was this kid back in our academy and she could take pictures of weapons and reuse them."

"I do not know her."

"Weird." Ruby thought for a moment. "But, you do remind me of someone."

"Who?"

"This other Servant named Gilgamesh. He threw swords like you, though he used golden portals instead of just summoning them."

"Chances are that his weapons were real unlike mine. As far as I know, none has been able to replicate my ability."

"Huh... that's scary."

The both of them fall silent as they watch the people around them converse, slowly recovering.

Ruby decided to break the silence.

"What do you know about him? Kiritsugu Emiya." Ruby questioned.

"I'm the one here asking questions, not you."

"Oh, my bad--!"

"Emiya Kiritsugu was my father. Granted, my adoptive father, but my father nonetheless."

Ruby gasped. "He never told me about you! He told me about a daughter, but not about a son...!"

"It's to be expected. If he really is a Servant as you suggested, then everything will slowly be wiped from his mind after a million battles, but I've never forgotten that man. He is engraved into my mind, no matter whatever happens. 

"That's actually kinda wholesome."

"Not exactly."

"What do you mean?"

"I believe I should kill him if we are to meet again."

"WHAT?!" Ruby gasped.

"He passed his ideals on to me, as much as I hate to say it. He set me onto this path. But, if I could kill him..." Archer thought to himself. "It might just cause a paradox. One strong enough to wipe the both of us out of existence."